T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Apple - MacBook Pro - 13" Display with Touch Bar - Intel Core i5 - 16GB Memory - 512GB SSD - Silver. Model:MWP72LL/A

2) Lenovo - Yoga 9i 14 2-in-1 14" 4K HDR Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Evo Platform Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 512GB SSD - Shadow Black. Model:82BG0001US/82BG0091US

3) Microsoft - Surface Laptop 4 - 13.5” Touch-Screen – AMD Ryzen™ 5 Surface® Edition – 16GB Memory - 256GB SSD (Latest Model) - Matte Black. Model:7IP-00026

These are all at Best Buy and that's the only place I have the option of buying a laptop from right now. My daughter had the Surface Pro 3 and has a Surface Pro pen but the computer screen crapped out on her recently so time to replace. She obviously is into digital art design with a drawing pen. Which one of these would you buy and why?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She's 15 and has never had experience(me neither) with Macs. Only google chromebook and Windows. I just found out from mom that she would likely still want a touch screen so looks like mac might be out of the running anyway. So I see one vote for Lenovo. Any more opinions? Anyone think drawing with Wacom pens(Lenovo) is better/worse than Surface?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a bias for wacom myself, and it looks like the Lenovo might work better for your daughter, especially if she draws a lot. That storage is going to come in handy ridiculously fast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1) Apple - MacBook Pro - 13" Display with Touch Bar - Intel Core i5 - 16GB Memory - 512GB SSD - Silver. Model:MWP72LL/A

2) Lenovo - Yoga 9i 14 2-in-1 14" 4K HDR Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Evo Platform Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 512GB SSD - Shadow Black. Model:82BG0001US/82BG0091US

3) Microsoft - Surface Laptop 4 - 13.5” Touch-Screen – AMD Ryzen™ 5 Surface® Edition – 16GB Memory - 256GB SSD (Latest Model) - Matte Black. Model:7IP-00026

These are all at Best Buy and that's the only place I have the option of buying a laptop from right now. My daughter had the Surface Pro 3 and has a Surface Pro pen but the computer screen crapped out on her recently so time to replace. She obviously is into digital art design with a drawing pen. Which one of these would you buy and why?
ill go for apple mac book!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I just found out from mom that she would likely still want a touch screen so looks like mac might be out of the running anyway.
The Microsoft one is obviously the lower cost option, even if you have to upgrade the SSD (around $100).
You don't have to buy a new pen, and the CPU is actually "faster" when combining all 6 cores.

I just prefer the higher "per core performance" of the 4 core intel CPU the Lenovo has.
The Lenovo also has a larger and much higher resolution screen (3840x2160 vs 2256x1504).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with TABOB on the Intel part of the discussion. I would also hesitate to go for Apple anything because you will get locked into the Apple environment if you're not mindful, and Apple products are pretty hard and expensive to repair when it eventually comes to it-- unless you live close to an Apple Store, then it's just expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts