T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently, I have been using I.B.S.(International Basic Source) shirts which are very nice. I also purchased some shirts from Bare Apparel for more "high end" customers(very nice shirts also!!B.A).I want to get some "tagless"but can't really ...just pick one! I know there are alot of brands and styles of tagless t-shirts, but if you could only pick one "tagless" shirt to use which one would it be? why? I know some of the shirts are made/fit different, could point those things out to help with the description.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Re: Just pick one!!!!

Hate to throw it off topic, but I.B.S. is also an acronym for a fairly embarassing medical condition!

I've heard a lot of good things about American Apparel, and believe you can get them tagless as well. Saw a lot of good comments from members here on the forums, so if I were to order tagless tee's, I'd give them my first shot!

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
if you could only pick one "tagless" shirt to use which one would it be?
To use for what?

Can't really answer the question with any usefulness without knowing what the purpose is and what the target market is.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My target market would be urban styles, but a little more upscale urban. I see alot of the baggy trends coming to an end.. I would say if you were going to build your brand on this type of shirt. Using it for most of your "general" orders,outside of the custom stuff!

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
My target market would be urban styles, but a little more upscale urban. I see alot of the baggy trends coming to an end.. I would say if you were going to build your brand on this type of shirt. Using it for most of your "general" orders,outside of the custom stuff!
I personally think relaxed fits are here to stay. Especially in more urban, upscale lines.

I guess it depends on what you mean by urban. Some people think urban as in "hip hop" geared lines like Rocawear, FUBU, Sean Jean, Phat Pharm, etc. That is definitely more geared towards more relaxed styles.

Other people think "Urban" is like city life/counter culture type brands like LRG, Obey, Affliction, Ed Hardy.

Some of those use fashion fitted/slimmer styles, some used more relaxed styles. Some mix it up within their brand.

So it depends on what YOU want and how you see your brand.

If I started a brand today and I was going for the high end, boutique shop, $30+ retail price tees, I'd probably use Bare Apparel because of their cool specialty washes.

If I started brand today that was for a bit more of a general audience, I would use Alstyle 1701.

If I was going in between those two, I'd probably pick Article1.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Using it for most of your "general" orders,outside of the custom stuff!
I was thinking today, and I wanted to add to my response by saying I definitely wouldn't limit myself to just "tagless" shirts for my brand.

From my own experience and reading the threads in the relabeling section of these forums, I would be more apt to pick the "best" t-shirt for my brand demographic, whether or not it had labels on it or not. Then I would just have the blanks relabeled with my own tags.

The best blank for a particular brand may not be a tagless blank. So sometimes you have to work around what's available.

For example, I really like the Alternative Apparel AA05 blank, but it's not tagless.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! That's sounds really good because the shirts that I like use all come with tags!! I didn't even consider this option, but it makes sense. I haven't tried alot of shirts, but for what I'm doing the I.B.S.(internation basic source) shirts works the best. I will look into this and also try a few samples from some of the tagless threads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts