T-Shirt Forums banner

If i hire a designer for an idea...

1096 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  guysmalley
If i hire a graphic designer for one or more designs, and what he comes up with i dont like, do i still pay him? I would think that i would pay him a portion regardless since he did spend his time doing something for me, right?

Any clarification?

Thanks Again,
Constantine
Apollon Wear
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Just have him make changes till you do like it!
True, but lets say i end up not liking his style, and i cant get the right image i want, i wouldnt want to continue with a design if thats not the one i envision...but i see your point, any talented designer would be able to make endless revisions to suite my needs...hopefully =P

Thanks Again,
Constantine
Apollon Wear
Talk to the designer and express your ideas again, maybe he will design something more to your liking. Most are willing to make the changes once your ideas are clarified. If he balks or start nickle and diming you for the changes then speak with him on a fair price for the service he did provide because if you do not get what you want and he does not get his full pay then you both lose.

Veedub3
Hey there Veedub! Thank you for the advice!

Constantine
Apollon Wear
Why not try 99Designs.com and share your ideas with the artist on there website, that way you can choose from various artist designs, and then choose the design that best suits your brand.
Well from a designers view point. You look at the portfolio if you like it agree on a firm price, a flat rate. depending on the amount I require 50% up front I then show 2-3 concepts in pencil form from that 90% of the time you & the designer finalizes the concept in a color sketch one thats approved then the finish happens, once that is approved payment made & hi rez files sent look at my page that shows this process the creative process:
it has almost all but eliminated mis communications. in 38 years I have only not finished a project on 4 occasions which of course was the clients fault LOL : )
www.guysmalley.com
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.