T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

A friend of mine has shown me a very interesting print he created using plastisol ink as well as other things (which he will not disclose).

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the plastisol inks used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T593KghbAdg&feature=youtu.be

As you can see, the plastisol looks raised. I was also able to bring it out into sunlight. What was most interesting is that, even though it is super shiny and reflects light very strongly, under sunlight, the ink is revealed to be a cobalt blue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
It looks like thick shiny black plasti screened on blue Fabric to me. maybe clear base?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you sure this is a friend??? Maybe High Density??
Yep. Neighbor actually. It's supposed to be the brick pattern of the Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit

I'm wondering if high density was part of the formula. The ink is super shiny and looks bland and black at angles, but when you bring it out into the sun you'll see the subtle blue

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
If it's clear base, it would make dark blue fabric look almost black, blue on closer inspection. If that's what he's doing, We've been printing with straight base for over 20 years and so have many other people.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it's clear base, it would make dark blue fabric look almost black, blue on closer inspection. If that's what he's doing, We've been printing with straight base for over 20 years and so have many other people.:)
Would you be able to get into specifics or recommended ink type? I'd like to use the same exact ink/technique but with a different graphic.

All I have is a small swatch with the printing on it.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
It's impossible to say what brand he used. With Union ink brand plastisol base, if you print flash print, however many layers it takes to get the thickness you want, and then cure it really good. it should be pretty shiny. I you give it a quick stamp with a heatpress afterwards(with a smooth Teflon sheet) It should get even shinyer:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's impossible to say what brand he used. With Union ink brand plastisol base, if you print flash print, however many layers it takes to get the thickness you want, and then cure it really good. it should be pretty shiny. I you give it a quick stamp with a heatpress afterwards(with a smooth Teflon sheet) It should get even shinyer:)
Wow great information. Any specific ink from the Union brand you recommend? I have a brochure full of text. I was planning on getting the ones used for athletic apparelt.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
We usually have PADS-E-9095 Soft Hand Base and the truetone process base around. I think they have an extender base in the athletic line but I have not printed it by itself. I'd try the Soft hand instead of the process if you want to build up a thick layer:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts