T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I positively identify a garment. I get customers who want to continue with a line of shirts for example but the tag does not carry the same number I am used to ordering with. What is the PN # in the tag? Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
14,727 Posts
Do you mean RN? That is an identifying number you can use to look up the maker/importer. Do a google search on RN database for the link.

This process is hit or miss when it comes to positively identifying a garment. The older the garment the less chance you will find the identical piece again. Origins of manufacturer change, garment content changes, etc.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I am wanting to know what style or model number a shirt is. For example a Gildan 5000 doesnt say model 5000 on the tag but the Gildan tag gives me enough info that I can figure out what Gildan shirt it is. Other mills arent so easy (to me) to figure out what model they are. Is there a way to know by looking at the tag?

·
Administrator
14,727 Posts
Actually I am wanting to know what style or model number a shirt is. For example a Gildan 5000 doesnt say model 5000 on the tag but the Gildan tag gives me enough info that I can figure out what Gildan shirt it is. Other mills arent so easy (to me) to figure out what model they are. Is there a way to know by looking at the tag?
No, unless the tag specifically states it. Although most have different tags for different models.

Find out through the RN Database who to talk to and call them and ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts