T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and have started a new clothing brand. We are sports apparel/fan gear. We currently do not have any MLB/NFL licensing but that is a future goal. We are launching our website on Friday which is opening day for MLB. Looking for creative ways to market and get the name out there. We have a website going but right now it doesn't have our products, those have been kept secret until our launch. We have a Facebook page with about 400 likes, and a twitter with about 1200 followers but most of them don't count as they aren't active users (I bought them on fiverr, a mistake lol). So we basically have no twitter followers.

I'm planning on tweeting and facebooking heavily on Friday when we launch the website, and we will be at the giants game on opening night selling shirts outside.

Any help would be great, thanks!

· Registered
6,595 Posts
Without licensing to legitimize your brand and products, your best bet is to focus on sales outside the stadium. Facebook and Twitter should be secondary at this point. There will be tens of thousands of fans at the game. That is your target audience. And they have money in their pockets. Hand out fliers or anything that has your website, Facebook and Twitter info. But offline sales is your market. Maybe see if any local stores around the stadium are willing to carry your product.

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yea we plan to hit the streets hard the first week of the season.

This brand is a spin off of my old brand because we released one giants themed shirt and it sold very well compared to all my others. I tried to get that one in stores though to no avail, as all the stores could only sell officially licensed gear per their contracts with MLB.

The only offer I got a was a ridiculous low-ball offer from the donut shop across the street from the park.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.