T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the laser printing transfers for shirts but am having a major issue that I can't figure out. I am using an iColor 500 printer with the toners in the CYMW (front to back) configuration for printing transfers for dark shirts. I am using the iColor Premium 2-step transfer paper for light and dark garments. My print is coming out fine andI press the adhesive sheet on at 250 for 15 seconds per the instructions. My issue comes when I go the hot peel the sheets apart. The adhesive sheet is pulling my image from the transfer (no the whole image but just parts of it). I am using the EnduraPRESS Swing Away press that came as part of my package. Has anyone else had this issue or does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this? Any input is appreciated.

· Registered
2,866 Posts
Just a suggestion, but try printing something like 8 small identical designs on a sheet, cut the sheets into 8 sections. Then experiment with increasing or decreasing the temperature, pressure and press time. Every press is different and not always accurate - I found all of my presses were off somewhere between 5 and 20 degrees.

· Registered
1 Posts
I am also new and am using the same paper..through much trial and error, I am pressing the adhesive to the transfer at 260 for 35 seconds..then 35 seconds again. just after barely lifting the presshead .I have found that the key is to use enough pressure and to get the two sheets apart IMMEDIATELY while still on the press. I am pressing hats which is a pain in itself!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.