57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The KNK Zing looks to be the perfect cutter for someone specializing in shirts:
-Able to load 15" vinyl rolls
-Tracks with optical eye
-Does A3+ transfer paper sizes
-Solid Construction
-Good Pricing

Why isn't this cutter more well known? It seems like the perfect cutter if you're not doing large vinyl graphics. It's hard to find a downfall..

Could someone give me some information or experiences with this cutter? The videos look nice, etc..

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
94 Posts
For info from users of the Zing go to the "Make the Cut" forums. There are many people that use that
cutter there. Make the Cut is the software that comes with the Zing. A lady named Sandra or Sandy is your best source. She is probably the one that made the videos. Also the newest model is the Zing air.

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
Sandy is the person to contact. She knows the cutter better than anyone I know. Incidently she wrote a manual for a cutter that was probably the most concise and literate of any hardware manual I know. I think you can contact her either through this forum or the make the cut forum. Sandys ID on this forum is SandyMcC and she can be contacted through knk

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Yes Sandy is the best, I have one of them Zings but never use it. She has helped me (as well as others) with other software that she promotes. But I think she is doing something else these days??

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I'm here (thanks, Charles!).

The Zing Air has been well-received by those cutting materials for T Shirts (HTV, rhinestone templates, fabric appliques, etc), as well as dozens of other applications. I do need to clarify that it doesn't have an optic eye. It uses a laser light for print and cut application. Thus, you manually tweak the light to the dead center of three reg marks versus having them read automatically.

Accugraphics Sales / KNK USA (which makes the Zing) is a small family business and doesn't advertise heavily. They've been around for over 25 years and sell/support other brands of cutters beside their own.

Most recently, I've been working on the user manual for the new KNP3D, their new 3D printer. Those start shipping this week and I've still got a few sections left to complete! But I will subscribe to this thread in case you have additional questions.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Hi ms. Sandy glad to see you did not retire (completely).
Thanks, Mike! I'm trying to be about 75% retired, but when your business is also your passion, you just can't let it go! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm here (thanks, Charles!).

The Zing Air has been well-received by those cutting materials for T Shirts (HTV, rhinestone templates, fabric appliques, etc), as well as dozens of other applications. I do need to clarify that it doesn't have an optic eye. It uses a laser light for print and cut application. Thus, you manually tweak the light to the dead center of three reg marks versus having them read automatically.

Accugraphics Sales / KNK USA (which makes the Zing) is a small family business and doesn't advertise heavily. They've been around for over 25 years and sell/support other brands of cutters beside their own.

Most recently, I've been working on the user manual for the new KNP3D, their new 3D printer. Those start shipping this week and I've still got a few sections left to complete! But I will subscribe to this thread in case you have additional questions.
Thanks for the background information. I apologize for the delay. Usually I get an email showing a reply to the thread. From what I see for the money and me just doing shirts for the foreseeable future. I don't see this cutter having any competition in it's price bracket.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Thanks for the background information. I apologize for the delay. Usually I get an email showing a reply to the thread. From what I see for the money and me just doing shirts for the foreseeable future. I don't see this cutter having any competition in it's price bracket.
I agree, but then I'm a bit biased! :p

·
Registered
Vinyl, Embroidery
45 Posts
Stumbled upon the KNK by accident looking for a cutter that will cut fabric and this seems like it will. My wife makes Irish Dance Dresses with alot of aplique. Does anyone know if it will cut sequin fabric, I am very excited to have found this machine, thinking of purchasing the 24 inch machine any feed back would be great, also does the maxx air come with the cutting software or do i need to purchase seperately

Thanks Chuck

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Stumbled upon the KNK by accident looking for a cutter that will cut fabric and this seems like it will. My wife makes Irish Dance Dresses with alot of aplique. Does anyone know if it will cut sequin fabric, I am very excited to have found this machine, thinking of purchasing the 24 inch machine any feed back would be great, also does the maxx air come with the cutting software or do i need to purchase seperately

Thanks Chuck
Hi Chuck,

With any material that's never been tested, I recommend sending it in for test cutting. I've not personally cut sequin fabric but am happy to do so. Typically, if you are closer to Arizona, you would send samples to me. If you are closer to Florida, you would send samples to the main KNK USA facility. I can provide you mailing addresses for either one. Also, we will test cut whatever sizes/shapes you want and then mail the samples back to you.

The Maxx Air ships with an activation for Make The Cut. It also cuts from KNK Studio and we can help you decide which software better suits your needs. Let me know if you have any other questions!

·
Registered
Vinyl, Embroidery
45 Posts
Wow thanks for the quick response, ya we live in Utah so that would be great to send it to ya, do you need a pattern or just the fabric you can cut out what ever you want, my wife uses celtic knots and pasley type shapes in her designs, I watched the video of the machine cutting that thick boad and saw it can cut aluminum so i figured it could cut sequin fabric, my wife likes to use corel so if we can transfer designs to which ever cutting program it probably wouldnt matter much to us as to which software we used, is the 24 in maching good, i was very impressed with the video great machine. We have fabric we can send out, let us know what we need to do.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Wow thanks for the quick response, ya we live in Utah so that would be great to send it to ya, do you need a pattern or just the fabric you can cut out what ever you want, my wife uses celtic knots and pasley type shapes in her designs, I watched the video of the machine cutting that thick boad and saw it can cut aluminum so i figured it could cut sequin fabric, my wife likes to use corel so if we can transfer designs to which ever cutting program it probably wouldnt matter much to us as to which software we used, is the 24 in maching good, i was very impressed with the video great machine. We have fabric we can send out, let us know what we need to do.

Chuck
Just now saw this post! So sorry! Email me at [email protected] and I will provide you a mailing address.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.