T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I was at the california market today showing my hand-painted t-shirt designs around, hoping to get into a showroom, when one of the showroom people told me she knew of a manufacturer who may want to pay me to come up with some designs for their t-shirts.

I've been told that I should LICENSE my designs, not sell them. I don't know if the manufacturer will be up for that, but if they are, what should I charge? Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks,
Alexx;)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
The standard to sell a design, according to the graphics union in the UK, is about GBP 300. Licensing, I have no idea (outside commercial band/tv etc licenses....We buy outright and we design ourselves....I don't know why any manufacturer would want to license a design and not buy outright...even more so if the whole thing is that they are hand painted...how can get someone to reproduce that?)

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
You may want to look for a licensing agent which can help negotiate these things for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Does anyone know if there's a particular printer that works best for heat transfering designs on T-shirts?
Thanks in advance,
Alexx

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
alexx said:
Does anyone know if there's a particular printer that works best for heat transfering designs on T-shirts?
Thanks in advance,
Alexx
You'll get more luck starting your own thread.

·
Registered
49 Posts
To Lic a design you will need to reg with the fed copyright office because
you will be entering legal contract for another party to use your images for a fee paid to you. In case of a court case you will be requierd to bring proof
of when and how you created this image, and you do that by reg. If you wanted to use Mickey Mouse you would buy the lic from Disney.
Hence the term Official lic Merch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts