T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My name is Marc and I am from Germany馃憢
I really and finally want to buy my first heatpress because I am really into selling clothes online and want to make my own.

My budget max. 450 euro, I really do not want to spend more and if its possible to get acceptable quality I would even spend less. I am located in Germany and have already compared many heatpresses. The best heatpresses seem to be sold in America but I really can not afford the shipping costs.
Can someone help me? I mainly want to press on Hoodies and Sweaters with transfers I buy from Supercolour if that has to be included in the decision.

I saw one model from Secabo in my price range which I can buy without having to pay shipping costs. This Model however has some really negativ reviews which makes not wanna buy it. (Secabo C5 Clam)

Do you guys have any recommendations for me? Thanks for your help already !!! 馃槉

Registered
If you list the models that you're considering with links to their websites, you'll get a lot more responses.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks for the adivce ! Also I should have mentioned that I atleast need a 38x38cm (15x15inch) heatpress for my prints.

So here are the models I found which I am able to buy in Germany in my price class:
Secabo C5 Clam Secabo C5 Clam Transferpresse 38x38cm

PROFIsqueezy V2 PROFIsqueezy V2 Transferpresse

And many cheap looking presses for 250 euors. I really can't decide and I am scared to buy a press that breaks after a couple of prints馃槙

Registered
I can't comment specifically on what is available in your region, but the main point of premature failure on heat presses, especially cheap ones, seems to be the controller/electronics. The controller in my own Chinese-made press failed after very little use, so I "rigged" a workaround; less than ideal, but works well enough for what I've been doing. Though may not be accurate enough for sublimation, or other more finicky uses.

Point being, consider a cheap press as being disposable. You start where you start, so if your budget is low, that is where you start. By the time it dies, your business should justify better equipment.

For expensive name-brand models, research the availability and price point of a replacement controller. For some press brands, a new controller can be around half the price of a brand new high-price press, while some others are more reasonable. At least that is how it is in the USA.

Registered
Everything NoXid said.
Plus I always like to look for videos & read comments on Youtube with products i'm considering purchasing.

Both machines are very similar with the PROFIsqueezy V2 looking a little nicer but there's no video's anywhere, so unless it's a brand new product that's a red flag for me.

The Secabo C5 Clam does have videos so for me it's the choice of the two.

Secabo C5 press - Secabo C5 Clam Microschalter justieren - YouTube
Electronics - Secabo C5 Clam Mainboard tauschen - YouTube

Registered
The best heatpresses seem to be sold in America but I really can not afford the shipping costs.
That's just a misconception. The US is a huge single language market distorting your perception.
Transmatic (Made in Italy) are excellent quality heat presses, but they are not cheap.
There is also Sefa (France), Fuchs (Germany) and many more European brands.
Also the two popular US brands (Hotronix and Geo Knight) are sold by shops in Germany, so no shipping is needed.

I saw one model from Secabo in my price range which I can buy without having to pay shipping costs. This Model however has some really negativ reviews which makes not wanna buy it. (Secabo C5 Clam)
That's a really cheap Chinese heat press, re-badged and sold under many different names.
Do expect around 10 掳C temperature variation, which is OK for most transfers, but you will cause issues with some.
Also the electronics will fail, so if you cannot do the repairs yourself, my advice would be to avoid these cheap heat presses.
The electronics do eventually fail in expensive heat presses as well, but at least with these you can get parts, and they are worth repairing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay thanks guys for the answers you helped me a lot. I am going to save more money until I can purchase a heatpress from Fuchs. I can not take the risk of investing this much money on a heatpress that may break after a few months without me being able to repair it. The Fuchs heatpresses seem to have a real good quality and I get a 2 year warrant. They are also produced in Germany which makes things easier for me.

Registered
Hey Marc, hope you doing well today.
As a suggestion; have a look at the Drucktech models.
The pneumatic model, with two plates, is - in my opinion - one of the best you can get.

Registered
Everson, those drucktech's look really well made
the membrane presses are a stroke of genius (i hope they patented it)
The membrane plate equals surface differences, there is no need for different inlays, so work is quicker. Transfers can be applied close to zips, buttons. Seams cause no more problems, with a membrane heat-press you can even apply your transfer over the seams of six-panel caps.
Mark, check this place in Denmark out
they rent heat presses, might be worth it to drive up there and rent until you can buy

Registered
Everson, those drucktech's look really well made
the membrane presses are a stroke of genius (i hope they patented it)

Mark, check this place in Denmark out
they rent heat presses, might be worth it to drive up there and rent until you can buy
Hey there, hope you doing fine today!

The membrane on the bottom plate can be adjusted in a way that the contact with the t-shirt is minimized. Resulting in less heat press marks and some sort of "fading effect" on the edges.
And... by the way, I don't work for Drucktech or I am getting any commission for these comments. I just like the product and the service.

All the best, take care and be good!

ev.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts