T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
The price? That is going to depend on the printer you take it to. But the way you have it now it is a 3 color design, 2 color if you make the gray a halftone of the black and make sure you print it on a white shirt so you don't have to add another screen for the white text.

Also it'll be much easier and cheaper if you have the file in vector format, which it doesn' t look like it. If it's not in vector the printer will tack on another artwork fee to have it recreated.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
We don't give price quotes for screen printing in this forum, but you should be able to take that design to any screen printing (or plastisol transfer printer) and get it printed as long as you have a high resolution (300dpi) raster file or vector file of the artwork.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IM TALKING FOR MY OWN PRINTERS ANdS SUCH let me know the best stuff for the price i mean whats up with the plastisal press and stuff like that

·
Registered
302 Posts
STURspoon said:
IM TALKING FOR MY OWN PRINTERS ANdS SUCH let me know the best stuff for the price i mean whats up with the plastisal press and stuff like that
Well, if you were going to get plastisol transfers made it would cost around the neighborhood of (this is based on the place I use for transfers):

$15.00 - produce the film
$20.00 x 3 (red/grey/black)($60) - per color screen charge
25 sheets @ $2.68/sheet ($67.00)
-------------------------------
Total = $142.00

The sheet price is based on a sheet size of 10 x 17. So, if your design is so large that you can only fit 1 design on each sheet then you will get 25 (25 sheets) of that design.

That means that each plastisol design costs around $5.68. If you got your white t-shirts wholesale they were probably around $1.50. Which means that it costs you $6.68 to produce each shirt. If you sell each shirt for $15.00 then you are making $8.32 profit.

Now, if your design is small enough to gang up more than one on each 10 x 17 that dramatically increases your profit margin.

*note - I didn't include white in the colors because you can simply make that part of the design transparent and the color of the shirt will serve as the white color. If you want the white that makes the sheets more expensive because you are now getting a 4-color plastisol transfer as opposed to a 3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts