T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm just getting started with making or attempting to make t-shirts and other things. From the forum and trail and error I realize this can be really great, but you have to have the right tools in order to do great. Well I am looking to do this for a while, but like I said I'm just getting started, I just bought Corel Draw and now I amd looking to purchase a plotter/cutter. Can someone please help me out. I don't want to spend too much money right now. I was even looking for a used one maybe on ebay but I have not a clue what to look for. I am using a heat press and I am printing my images with an Epson 1400. Hope this is enuff information.. Any info would be helpful and great.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
OMG ... I just typed a long forum and it was deleted.. Anyway I will have to make this short this time... I am new to this business but I am excited about doing shirts and other items. I've learned alot through the forums and trail and error. I know it take money and good equipment to make this thing work.. I just bought the Corel Draw software, hopefully I will learn to use this and I need a Plotter/Cutter to cut out my images. I can't really afford to buy a brand new 42' Plotter right now, but I do need something to work with. I've made shirts, but I've had to cut the images by hand. That's not fun. I've looked on Ebay but have not a clue as to what I am looking for. Can someone please help a sista out.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
For the cutter I'd go with Roland. I have the 24" cutter and it has worked wonderfully. Outside of plotting pics for t-shirts it has many other useful applications...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Personally, I won't buy anything for my business, or myself for that matter, off EBay. Just so you are aware of my bias, there's already a lot which can go wrong with your plotter, even when buying from a reputiable seller. I like knowing that I have a concrete warranty. I have never used the Seiki model, so therefore I can't give you a proper yeah or nay analysis, but I'm sure someone on this forum can help you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased the US Cutter 36 inch back in November of 07 for about 280. I haven't had any issues with it and love it. Sign blazer software comes with the product (Corel is 1000 times better but you can design in Corel and import into signblazer). Just from my experience, I have no regrets, however I am sure there are many people who have bad experiences. I do not run my plotter all day long. Maybe 30 minutes to an hour a day. I have had a few jobs where I have ran in for 5-6 hours.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I purchased the US Cutter 36 inch back in November of 07 for about 280. I haven't had any issues with it and love it. Sign blazer software comes with the product (Corel is 1000 times better but you can design in Corel and import into signblazer). Just from my experience, I have no regrets, however I am sure there are many people who have bad experiences. I do not run my plotter all day long. Maybe 30 minutes to an hour a day. I have had a few jobs where I have ran in for 5-6 hours.
can i find it for that price now?

·
Registered
462 Posts
can i find it for that price now?

You might be able to, if you win an auction we list for the unit. We usually list the 24" models more often because they are more popular, but we do list the larger format cutters at times. Any particular reason you need a 36" as opposed to a 24"? Most vinyl comes in 24", 20", and 15" widths.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I won the auction at 280. I believe the buy it now price was more. There are some on ebay that are the larger size you would have to bid to see how cheap you can get them. As far as using mine, I have not used vinyl that is larger that the 24 inch vinyl. But by having a 36" (since I got it at a great price) I do have the option.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not actually looking for a 36' I'm looking for a 24' or 34' I'm just starting out and most of my jobs are t-shirts, but I would like to start making signs as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm currently bidding on a cutter on ebay right now. Hopefully I will win... There is still a lot of time left.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I suggest if you want a inexpensive cutter check out UScutter, Thye are great company with lots of support. .... JB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts