T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Boys and Girls of TSF! So things have been quiet on this side of town so I guess everyone's Kornit is printing well. Mine was included in that statement until about 2 hours ago. I was printing along nice and fine and I was printing a design I have done a billion times. So this design is simple just a white circle with a bands name in it. Not a big deal takes a min or two to run so I set it up and hit print I watched it spray and wipe and start on the circle. That's when I walked away to use the bathroom. When I came back it was just finishing "printing" and what came out was super special. For what ever reason the printer decided to dump all the ink it had in it of the magenta cyan and black. So what came out looked like a Pollack painting meets rainbow bright in a blender.
So After spending 2 hours cleaning up the ink that was literally dripping onto the floor and the machine. I started to look at things. As far as I can tell everything is fine and all the Kornit did was "throw up." I just ran the design and it came out exactly as it should as if nothing is wrong. So I have no idea what the heck just happened. Just thought I share incase someone has had the same thing happen and was able to fix it.

· Registered
8 Posts
I checked that and its good I also checked the degassers too had that happen it's one that has me scratching my head.
Here's a picture of the shirt for kicks to

Sent from my SPH-L710 using T-Shirt Forums
..yes I have seen this before.. Your air manifold let go at some point almost if all of the electromagnets stopped working...you said its fine now though?

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
..yes I have seen this before.. Your air manifold let go at some point almost if all of the electromagnets stopped working...you said its fine now though?
Working like a charm. I'm actually wondering if it had something to do with Quick P because after the event happened it closed it's self down. It wasn't like a huge loss, that was last shirt I planned on doing for the day. I checked the manifold, degassers, and pressure values. It's like you said it's like the magnets just quit. What I don't get is if you look at the shirt every color ink in the printer is on the shirt but it completely drained the magenta, black and cyan of the primary bottle and the secondary tanks. I replaced the inks filled the secondary tanks and purged any air in the lines. After all that it seems to be working fine. It's liked it just hiccupped and threw up all over the shirt

· Registered
38 Posts
It´s happened with me 2 times, I just turn off the Brezee, when I turned on again, worked fine.
I tried to find the causes, but I didn´t find any reason, I think is like you said, looks like the magnets just quit, and the ink start to drop.

· Registered
8 Posts
Almost 100% sure that the QuickP has nothing to do with it. If you are still under warranty, I would reach out to Kornit and ask about this issue. I am almost certain that it was your magnets in your air manifold giving out.
Hope all this helps.

Andy

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Almost 100% sure that the QuickP has nothing to do with it. If you are still under warranty, I would reach out to Kornit and ask about this issue. I am almost certain that it was your magnets in your air manifold giving out.
Hope all this helps.

Andy
I don't believe QuickP had anything to do with it either but alas I'm way out of warranty so if it happens again i'll replace them but so far so good I have done 40 prints on it today so far so good.

· Registered
84 Posts
I've seen this happen quite a few times with our breeze printers. My thoughts about the cause are the same, the magnets in the manifold. Unfortunately it wastes a lot of ink but other than the mess and lost ink it's no big deal. Just one of those breeze things. At our shop we refer to it as a "breeze sneeze". People actually wear the damaged shirts because they think they look neat.

· Registered
46 Posts
No need to change the magnets, it's more likely a software error.
It happens to me twice a year, it's a vacuum valve that remains closed after a purge.
When breeze performs a purge(&wipe) the vacuum -negative pressure- that holds the inks up in the printhead is switched off, so the ink can flow down the printheads.
When the purge finishes the software or the control board re-opens the vacuum valve, to prevent the inks from flowing down.

In my case, the valve do not reopens, but when I switch off and on the machine, the valve closes perfectly.

This operation is driven by quickrip and by the internal bios of the breeze.

It could be the valve itself but these things are very reliable, surely more than windows+quickrip+breeze bios.

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've seen this happen quite a few times with our breeze printers. My thoughts about the cause are the same, the magnets in the manifold. Unfortunately it wastes a lot of ink but other than the mess and lost ink it's no big deal. Just one of those breeze things. At our shop we refer to it as a "breeze sneeze". People actually wear the damaged shirts because they think they look neat.
Lmao Breeze Sneeze.

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No need to change the magnets, it's more likely a software error.
It happens to me twice a year, it's a vacuum valve that remains closed after a purge.
When breeze performs a purge(&wipe) the vacuum -negative pressure- that holds the inks up in the printhead is switched off, so the ink can flow down the printheads.
When the purge finishes the software or the control board re-opens the vacuum valve, to prevent the inks from flowing down.

In my case, the valve do not reopens, but when I switch off and on the machine, the valve closes perfectly.

This operation is driven by quickrip and by the internal bios of the breeze.

It could be the valve itself but these things are very reliable, surely more than windows+quickrip+breeze bios.
I don't know what caused it but it works now. No damage was done. All and all a good disaster.

· Registered
3 Posts
My company has two Breezes since September. The one printer has been perfectly fine, but it's twin has been nothing but trouble since day one. It has been consistently "breeze sneezing" for the past 3 months now. We have had multiple techs out here come and replace the manifold, the two boards, the vac relief valve and they even installed the beta for the new quick p. All useless. I have no idea wtf is wrong with these printers but no one from Kornit has a clue what is causing this issue. They have wasted precious production time to fix a problem they don't understand. We have ruined dozens of shirts trying to fix this.

· Registered
532 Posts
kornit europe calls this "picasso effect" - they are aware of this problem but have ZERO ideas what causes this and how to fix. we complain all the time. happened three times in the past 2 years - twice on one machine, once on the other.

beta of new quick p? can you share?? what features does it have? can you finally add multiple color passes??

· Registered
3 Posts
kornit europe calls this "picasso effect" - they are aware of this problem but have ZERO ideas what causes this and how to fix. we complain all the time. happened three times in the past 2 years - twice on one machine, once on the other.

beta of new quick p? can you share?? what features does it have? can you finally add multiple color passes??
Yeah it's a really frustrating situation.

The Beta didn't have much so far, but it's still being worked on constantly. Slightly newer interface and a few preinstalled set ups. Other than that, it's the same. I didn't have it long enough to play around with it further than that. They installed it because they said it's supposed to fix the "picasso effect" but it didn't. Like I said, they're still working on it and won't be ready for awhile from what I'm told.

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My company has two Breezes since September. The one printer has been perfectly fine, but it's twin has been nothing but trouble since day one. It has been consistently "breeze sneezing" for the past 3 months now. We have had multiple techs out here come and replace the manifold, the two boards, the vac relief valve and they even installed the beta for the new quick p. All useless. I have no idea wtf is wrong with these printers but no one from Kornit has a clue what is causing this issue. They have wasted precious production time to fix a problem they don't understand. We have ruined dozens of shirts trying to fix this.
Just out of curiosity when they replaced the manifold did they replace the magnets that sit around the stems of the manifold that open and close and control the flow of ink. because if one is faulty and not closing all the way it's letting air in and if air is getting in you aren't maintaining negative pressure and you can end up with a "breeze sneeze" because the valve isn't fully closing when it should. I can understand every so often but yours seems to happen a lot.

· Registered
3 Posts
Just out of curiosity when they replaced the manifold did they replace the magnets that sit around the stems of the manifold that open and close and control the flow of ink. because if one is faulty and not closing all the way it's letting air in and if air is getting in you aren't maintaining negative pressure and you can end up with a "breeze sneeze" because the valve isn't fully closing when it should. I can understand every so often but yours seems to happen a lot.
We replaced the entire manifold. Everything is new. They changed the mother board and the pressure board. There was also a chord that connected the two together. When they replaced that, the problem went away for a little over a week. It came back Tuesday, but it hasn't done it since. I've been keeping an eye on it.

· Registered
14 Posts
Ghoster, it sounds like your Breeze just needs to learn some moderation when it goes partying over the weekend. :)

We haven't had any major issues with our Breeze yet as we've only had it for less than a year, but we'll definitely remember this post if we start having a similar problem with ours. Thanks for the info!

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ghoster, it sounds like your Breeze just needs to learn some moderation when it goes partying over the weekend. :)

We haven't had any major issues with our Breeze yet as we've only had it for less than a year, but we'll definitely remember this post if we start having a similar problem with ours. Thanks for the info!
From what I have gathered it seems that everyone's breeze will party to hard at some point lol. Honestly since that happened that one time it hasn't done it since. And don't worry you will eventually have some problem with your breeze it's just the nature of the beast lol. My biggest headache with my breeze was the fixation spray system between pumps and regulators going it was enough to want to track down the inventor of the machine and punch him just once in the face and ask why. There have been a few hiccups with other things but all in all it's a solid machine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.