T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been asked by the local high school wrestling coach whether I could put a logo, a simple "B" on some new wrestling singlets. My business is 100% heat pressing. I've done other uniforms for the high school ie; baseball, soccer, volleyball but have not attempted singlets. These are generally a either lycra, latex, nylon type materials. These have of course a great stretch factor and in wrestling they will be stretched to the hilt! Alot of teams now are going with sublimation but since these are going to be for the JV team he doesnt want to pay as much to have that done for the simple design he wants. My concern is I haven't tried transfers on anything this demanding and I don't think a job this important should be up for experimentation. So I'm asking for advise on whether I should accept the job and farm it out to someone else with more experience with singlets? And if I do should I still be able to make some kind of profit on it? What would you charge for 10 singlets with a letter as a logo? Keep in mind he has already purchased the singlets himself. Thanks for any help;)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Why not just use a transfer that works well on those type materials (nylon, lycra, spandex type stretchy materials)

Many different transfer makers make transfers for stretchy materials. You just have to call them to find out which would work best for your application. Then figure out your costs and price for a profit.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I've been asked by the local high school wrestling coach whether I could put a logo, a simple "B" on some new wrestling singlets. My business is 100% heat pressing. I've done other uniforms for the high school ie; baseball, soccer, volleyball but have not attempted singlets. These are generally a either lycra, latex, nylon type materials. These have of course a great stretch factor and in wrestling they will be stretched to the hilt! Alot of teams now are going with sublimation but since these are going to be for the JV team he doesnt want to pay as much to have that done for the simple design he wants. My concern is I haven't tried transfers on anything this demanding and I don't think a job this important should be up for experimentation. So I'm asking for advise on whether I should accept the job and farm it out to someone else with more experience with singlets? And if I do should I still be able to make some kind of profit on it? What would you charge for 10 singlets with a letter as a logo? Keep in mind he has already purchased the singlets himself. Thanks for any help;)
You can order the CadPrintz from Transfer Express. They work exceptionally well on nylon based compression gear, so your singlets won't be a problem. I am getting ready to post a new video in the articles section about decorating compression based pieces, in particular in the video a track singlet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts