T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, what a terrific site ...

I'm a self-taught artist with NO design background - t-shirt or otherwise ... But I've stumbled into a job where my boss is paying me to come up with T-shirt designs with the theme "I Support the Arts." She owns the domain name (isupportthearts.net and .org) and hopes to develop a profitable on-line business that will donate a percentage of its profits to art education initiatives. I'm also taking on the job of designing the web site ... which, of course, I also have no experience with doing.

So I expect to be coming by here a lot ... There's so much to learn.

Please look at my designs at this location: http://www.isupportthearts.net/tshirt.html

I'm experimenting with Yahoo Sitebuilder and will completely change the layout and presentation of images in the coming weeks; for now, if you put your mouse over the T-shirt thumbnail it changes to a slightly larger version of the design itself, and if you click it a separate window opens up with a larger version of the design. (Unwieldy, I know ...) But I would really appreciate honest feedback on the designs themselves; as an artist and cartoonist I've always thrived on blunt, no-b.s. criticism.

Thanks so much and I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Scott

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Heya Scott, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

I think the theme/niche for your t-shirt line. The designs look well thought out.

I would suggest your client use the .org version of her domain name on the t-shirts (and website) instead of the .net, but that's just me. I think it will help portray the "support" theme of the t-shirt line and goal for the website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rodney ....

Our concern about .org is that this seems to be used mainly for not-for-profit and government organizations. This company would be for-profit, but would donate a percentage of it to arts-supporting not-for-profits ...

As for my designs ... I appreciate the compliment ... although I definitely feel like I need to do a lot of growing and learning when it comes to eye-catching, marketable and fashionable designs that fit the theme ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts