T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up, im super new here. I have this t-shirt and i cant figure out what kind of ink was used. It appears to be a matte finish, but there is a ton of hand which leads me to believe that it is plastisol. The thing that gets me is that it feels almost rubberized like it was printed with liquid rubber (i know plastisol feels plastic-y and rubbery, but this has a distinct feel of rubber, think of a bicycle tire tube). I want to replicate this type of print, but have no idea where to begin. Is there some sort of additive that would give me a super rubbery print?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I think there are additives that can change the hand of plastisol ink in many different ways.

I once saw an ink manufacturers display at a tradeshow that had all types of effects from soft suede, leather, no feel at all, glow in the dark, puff prints and more.

Hopefully someone else here can narrow down what the specific additive might be called.

·
Registered
26 Posts
my guess is

high density stencil set up and Hi gloss gel clear with a tint, printed on a underbase. The tint takes some of the gloss out and it really does look like some type of thick liquid rubber stuff on the garment.

just a guess without really seeing the print itself.

good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, looking at it some more, it seems to be just plastisol ink. It just feels so oddly soft, there is a definite hand, so it's most likely not reduced. The shirt is from the now defunct Ruehl brand which was owned by A&F. I've uploaded some pictures.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts