T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have to quote this client by Monday 08/25 on this job;

They need:
- 150 Oranges Tees (100% Cotton, 2 Colors, 2 Locations)
- 150 White Tees (100% Cotton, 2 Colors, 2 Locations)

I know it's kinda obvious but my dilemma is that I can cut them easily using with my Cutter, weeding them out (300 12"x6" and 300 4"x3" since it's 2 location) and transferring them.

Will it be easy to do it with my cutter? or Should I get Plastisol for this job and just use the Heat Press?

My cost to do this by cutting it myself it's $5.44 without the tee.

Could you help me figured the best way to quote here and get a good profit out of it. :D

By the way, I also created the logo for them!

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
With that many shirts you are better off finding a contract screen printer to handle a order that size. Your cost for 300 shirts will be much lower than vinyl or transfers.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Yep I would either do screen or plasitol, seems like it would be way to much work doing vinyl.

Reactions: oddTEE

·
Registered
321 Posts
i would stay away from the vinyl cutter for that one....it's not that easy to do such a large run.
try to calculate the time needed to do one tee and you may reach the same conclusion.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would stay away from the vinyl cutter for that one....it's not that easy to do such a large run.
try to calculate the time needed to do one tee and you may reach the same conclusion.
The time it would take me to cut and weed such a large run is way too much, that's why I've been thinking about Plastisol as a fast way to do it, I wouldn't like to outsource this job to a screenprinter since I want to be able to fulfill this job with my heat press.

But, how much should I quote them since I've never done a large run like this, the most I did was three weeks ago and it was 120 White Tees, 2 Colors 1 Location for a Church, I charged them $1,060.80 for the 120, that is $8.84 per shirt and we cut everything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree I would outsource the job. You would still be able to make money on the job but not have to do all the work. If you are vinyl cutting you are going to have to line the blue with and make sure that it is just right before you heat press it. The transfers is another way to go but depending on time I would just say to outsource it to another printer. Give one a call and see what they would charge you and then make a decission would be my suggestion.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thank everybody for your support, I have to say that I better off go with Plastisol since it will be easier for me just to transfer and charge!!! and still make good profit.

·
Registered
745 Posts
If you used first edition, the transfers would be $1.26 for 150 transfers or if you paid a color change and got 300 transfers, they are .94 each in 2 color. Then add the price of the shirt and double it and you should be able to do these pretty reasonable for them. If you can't wait for first edition time frame, you could use Howards or Versatranz. Howards is $1.26 for 300 of them with a color change fee and then Versatraz is about $1.43 with a color change fee. You may even be able to gang them and get two per sheet and save even more money. Hope that helps. I have used all three and they all do a great job. I often don't have the time frame that first edition needs, they take too long in my opinion, but Versatranz and Howards are fast and great to work with.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you used first edition, the transfers would be $1.26 for 150 transfers or if you paid a color change and got 300 transfers, they are .94 each in 2 color. Then add the price of the shirt and double it and you should be able to do these pretty reasonable for them. If you can't wait for first edition time frame, you could use Howards or Versatranz. Howards is $1.26 for 300 of them with a color change fee and then Versatraz is about $1.43 with a color change fee. You may even be able to gang them and get two per sheet and save even more money. Hope that helps. I have used all three and they all do a great job. I often don't have the time frame that first edition needs, they take too long in my opinion, but Versatranz and Howards are fast and great to work with.
Thank you!, I thought of Versatranz before, they sent me some samples and loved them, I also like Transfer express but they are way too expensive.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I use transfer express most of the time, but with their designs and then they are reasonable. Their timeframe is great also. But Howards and Versatranz are great too! Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts