T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im into the lava wash distressed shirts where it has some tears around the collar and other places. Also some acid washed, bamboo, and all the great quality shirts Affliction uses?

If you guys could direct me to a website, name, price, quanity, number, it would be awesome thanks alot. :rolleyes:

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Yes, as sg613 mentioned, Bare Apparel-Custom Vintage Wholesale Blank T-Shirts! specializes in those kind of garments.

Those types of washes and t-shirt treatments are costly to do, so be prepared to pay a premium for wholesale blanks that have that type of look.

If you are looking for bamboo, the ones I just tried from www.jerico.ca felt very close to the bamboo t-shirts that Affliction uses in their bamboo line. I have one of the Affliction bamboo tees and a couple blank samples from Jerico, and they are very similar.

If you want a heavier weight bamboo tee, I would check out the line from Bamboo Clothes

· Registered
244 Posts
I don't think there is. Bare Apparel is essentially a blank Affliction or Ed Hardy shirt. If you want something similar you need to try American Apparel, Continental, Article 1, Royal and so on. Those are the standards for slimmer fitting lightweight shirts but aren't the same as Bare Apparel or Affliction. I looked at you site and for a few of those you may even need to do cut and sew which means you better have some cash set aside and some time to work with a manufacturer/printer.

· Registered
52 Posts
Yea Bareapparel is nice, i am interested in there shirts. But there has to be something out there other than BareApparel.

Any alternatives anyone, it would be great. Thanks.

nope, nobody else out there....these types of washes & shirts are CUSTOM made, you don't buy them like you do an American Apparel shirt...there are other blank manufacturers more inexpensive, just depends on what you want your shirts to be printed on

you will absolutely not find anything "like affliction" off the rack - there is a reason why their shirts cost $60+ a piece: because they're aren't "cheap" to make! :)

· Registered
244 Posts
The shirt or just the printing. If you want cut and sew start reading and looking for manufacturers. Your going to need to order quite a bit of product and you will have to spend some money to get samples and so on made. You can also try High Style Productions who is a preferred vendor on the forum. How many are you looking to get made?

· Registered
52 Posts
So where and how would I go about getting them made custom made?

Thanks everyone.

most places are going to require a minimum of 2,500 pieces @ approx $4-5 a piece...this is for some "basic" cut & sew and minimums are higher for more advanced techniques

thats just for the RAW shirts - you still need to have them dyed & treated, which is going to add another few thousand dollars

so you'd be looking at about $15,000+ and thats NOT including your printing

say it costs you about $6 a shirt to print (your designs have the possibility of being very involved) and mulitiply that by 2,500...there are places that print this type of stuff, some you dont even see listed or talked about on these forums - but these are not places you go in looking to print 144 shirts, they require you to print thousands of shirts a month to even have them consider working with you

you'll be at about $30,000 just for your materials - now factor in your marketing budget on top of that & things get expensive very quickly :)

you might wanna give Beau (Bare App.) another look, until you get your brand established & are ready to make that kind of jump ;)

· Registered
244 Posts
most places are going to require a minimum of 2,500 pieces @ approx $4-5 a piece...this is for some "basic" cut & sew and minimums are higher for more advanced techniques

thats just for the RAW shirts - you still need to have them dyed & treated, which is going to add another few thousand dollars

so you'd be looking at about $15,000+ and thats NOT including your printing

say it costs you about $6 a shirt to print (your designs have the possibility of being very involved) and mulitiply that by 2,500...there are places that print this type of stuff, some you dont even see listed or talked about on these forums - but these are not places you go in looking to print 144 shirts, they require you to print thousands of shirts a month to even have them consider working with you

you'll be at about $30,000 just for your materials - now factor in your marketing budget on top of that & things get expensive very quickly :)

you might wanna give Beau (Bare App.) another look, until you get your brand established & are ready to make that kind of jump ;)
Exactly! Quite a big step to take if you are just getting into the T biz.

· Registered
244 Posts
I think thats an overexageration. But thanks anyway.:D
Keep searching. If you find something please let us know. Here is just a example of one manufacturer and how many you have to order for a custom T that's not even close to the ones Affliction makes or bare apparel sells. It is from TQM Apparel. Thats not including washed and distressing and so on. I wish you Good luck.

TQM Apparel Group

· Registered
255 Posts
As far as I know, Affliction doesn't really do acid wash. But if you are looking for an acid wash blank, American Apparel has one. It isn't the same quality or feel as the Affliction shirts, but it's kind of a cool look.

In terms of the bamboo, the key to matching Affliction would be to matching how light weight and soft their bamboo shirts are. If you are trying to match one of their bamboo shirts and don't own one, I would recommend purchasing one to have as a "standard"- that way you know what to compare the other bamboo blanks against when you are trying to find one that is just right. We don't do the bamboo blanks, but I would definitely take Rodney's advice on where to get the bamboo blanks-- he seems to be a bamboo addict. :)

Good luck on your t-shirt line-

· Registered
2 Posts
I was considering buying a bunch of tea-stained shirts from bare apparel, but it appears that they will not be able to ship right now, as they are relocating or something along those lines. does anyone have any idea when they will be operational again? if not, are there any other companies that offer the same style of shirt?
thank you.

· Registered
255 Posts
I was considering buying a bunch of tea-stained shirts from bare apparel, but it appears that they will not be able to ship right now, as they are relocating or something along those lines. does anyone have any idea when they will be operational again? if not, are there any other companies that offer the same style of shirt?
thank you.
We have started shipping shirts that were ordered during the move and starting Monday, we should be back to a semi normal schedule.

Thanks
Beau

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.