T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting this to the correct forum. I normally work with strictly rhinestones. I make my own transfers, heat press the design and all. But I have a customer who wants a shirt for her husband that says I LOVE MY WIFE (to match her rhinestone I LOVE MY HUSBAND)... where can I get this done?? I just need a one color transfer made, maybe two at the max (LOVE would be in a different color). If this something that I can do with my own printer? Are there any companies out there that do simple designs like this? I checked into a few, but they seem to specialize in extensive graphics. Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks guys

·
Administrator
15,642 Posts
You probably don't want screen print unless you're prepared to pay $50+ for a single 2 color transfer.

Where are you? Look local for a shop with a direct-to-garment printer or one that can do cut vinyl. These 2 methods are your best bet.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Do you cut your own rhinestone templates? Just get some T-shirt vinyl. There are supplier that sell by the foot. Ink jet with pigment ink done right will last but does fade over time. T-shirt vinyl will out last the shirt.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Alicia,
There are a few options, one is DTG if you can find someone local to do it and you can always try making your own design using transfer paper and your printer at home (inkjet or laser whatever you have), good paper will last a bit, vinyl is another option, I think they were all mentioned above. Screen printing method will cost too much considering the quantity.

Mari,

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you cut your own rhinestone templates? Just get some T-shirt vinyl. There are supplier that sell by the foot. Ink jet with pigment ink done right will last but does fade over time. T-shirt vinyl will out last the shirt.

Yes I cut my own rhinestone templates. I have a KNK..How do I use the vinyl? How do I use my printer? Thank you guys for answering my questions I have been trying to figure this out for a while.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
No printer. Just get tshirt vinyl. Cut in mirror mode. Weed around the design or letters all the parts you don't want and heat press onto shirt.

They sell vinyl in many colors.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Yes but with tshirt vinyl you cut then take off what you don't want. It comes on a adhesive carrier so you flip that over and heat press to shirt. Let cool a few seconds and remove carrier. So if you were doing a mixed media shirt you would put your vinyl on first then your rhinestones.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Inkjet transfer are best on white and very light colors as they are translucent and you have to cut around the design to eliminate the polymer box. There is opaque transfers and they would need to be cut on cutter. You need pigment ink. The ink jet transfers just don't last like tshirt vinyl which will outlast the shirt. I have some work shirts I did 5-6 years ago and the t shirts are falling apart but the vinyl looks good. I have almost completely quit doing any heat transfers. If I can't tshirt vinyl it ill screen print it.
Tshirt vinyl is opaque and can be put on any color shirt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.