T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, name is Rachelle. :) I need help on how a 16 year old like me can start her own homemade shirt designing business. Hit me up with some help. :) Thanks!

·
Registered
963 Posts
There is a lot of great information here and angry spade is correct when he say do a lot of reading on the forums. It does not matter if you are 16 or 60 you have to do the leg work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. :p I'm really into designing, and drawing. I have that weird emo/scene style, so making things with blood and skulls is really my thing. Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks guys. :p I'm really into designing, and drawing. I have that weird emo/scene style, so making things with blood and skulls is really my thing. Thanks again! :)
That is sort of(kind of) my style as well only with a bit less blood ;-) So if you ever need a little help as far as where to promote and such, just PM or something and I would be more than happy to give you some pointers.

I could probably learn some things from you as well! =)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rachelle:)
I first pulled a squeegee on a shirt in 82. It has been a life long love affair. As an artist I think you have made a very smart move to understand that it is hard to make real money on 1 off's. If you make a product from what you have designed, you can multiply the amount you make over and over on a design. You will hear a lot about pricing according to what you need to be profitable, maybe instead turn that around and be efficient enough to price the way the other similar products in you region price and still make a good profit. No matter how good you are it's really hard to get away with super hi pricing. If you wish to make a life in the arts really apply yourself to the fundamentals of design and composition. You are in the same occupation as Michelangelo. One last bit, business is all about working with people. No matter how much a person may deserve a sharp comeback, bite your tongue and be nice to people who aren't as nice to you as they should be. Sometimes people are rude to people out selling their work. If you remain professional you will see it in the bank and that's the very best atta boy...er, atta girl.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts