T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am looking to print my own transfers. What is a good printer to use? I print a lot of rainbows and I would like to find a reasonably priced printer. I have a heat press and a hat press, if I print my own transfers what is a good paper to use? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
763 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
A good printer is any of the Epson Workforce printers. Get a ciss to go with it and use bulk pigment ink, which can be bought off of e-bay. The ink that comes with the printer is dye ink and will fade. I use jet pro soft stretch paper for light shirts.

·
Registered
763 Posts
For dark colors, you will want a contour vinyl cutter like this one Saga Contour Vinyl Cutter 720 - SagaCNC that can contour cut around the sublimation transfer. The reason for this is that the excess unprinted area on the paper when pressed onto a dark garment can leave a white cloudy haze. Cutting the unused portion away resolves this problem. You also would need a backer board like this one to support the transfer in the cutter: Vinyl Cutter Cutting Mat - SagaCNC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.