T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my problem is I make a design in Corel Draw but things over lap, but when it's all filled in black or one color it doesn't look bad, but when I got to cut to my plotter it cuts the wireframed view. How can I change my design to not see all the lines that really exist or what do I have to do different?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
You have a piece of art that was designed for printing rather than cutting.

You have to break apart everything and use the weld tool, intersect, back minus front, etc.. so that you just have the outlines you want. The plotter only cuts the outlines.

You can also use "create boundary" sometimes to create a new object the shape of the outline of what you have selected, then just delete the inside bits.

Sometimes cleaning up a print layout tales longer than drawing the thing with the pen tool.

You may be able to select all the objects, then use "create bitmap" to flatten them. Then use thetrace tools to create the outlines. Will it work? Depends on the detail level of the art. Make the image large while it is vectorized, then set the "rendering resolution" (options-general) to 300+ dpi minimize graininess.

Be sure to use the "object manager" so you can see what objects you are dealing with and what order they are in (layerwise)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Amen on the Object Manager! I have seen people try to work in Corel Draw without a clue about the OM. It is absolutely the key to success with Corel Draw. It's like trying to drive a car blind without it. You might get there alive, but you'll sure have a lot of mishaps along the way!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts