T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help real bad with my epson r1800. Everything has been fine for quite a long time but It has just started making lines in my films or gaps where there is no ink deposit.
I have run through all of the printer utilities and everything looks fine, it even looks fine when I print onto paper, on film lines everywhere! I can get away with it on some of my outputs but I do a lot of detail work and this has to stop.
HEEELLLLP!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure if the nozzle check is working properly or not, I'm using Epson printer utility2 v3.01 and I don't like it. I've looked for an update on Epson's website but I can't find one. It runs through the cleaning process but right at the end the program quits unexpectedly so I don't know if it's finished or not. It doesn't seem to be improving that's for sure.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Go to PRINTER AND FAXES....RIGHT click on the printer and select PRINTING PREFERENCES...then go to MAINTENANCE or UTILITIES....you should be able to a nozzle ck from there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright still no luck here. I've replaced every cartridge on this thing, I did find an update to the printer utility and ran through the cleaning cycle several times, still have lines.
This is driving me crazy! What else can I do to make it go away. Also, no response from epson online support...

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had a similar problem with my old Epson Stylus Photo R300 a few months back. I tried all the head cleaning and nozzle check utilities and eventually found that new ink cartridges fixed it. Maybe your ink levels are too low to get full coverage.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Yeah, I had the same problem this morning on my 3000. Cartridge was almost out of black, wouldn't print solid, but didn't show empty cartridge on the control panel. Replaced cartridge ,all was well.
oops, I see you did change the cartridges already. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep right side of the film, new cartridges and everything I'm thinking about kicking it or whacking it with a hammer...just kidding. I've seen some links on the internet about windex and a paper towel to clear a clogged print head but this sounds risky, maybe I'll try the hammer first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts