T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY! I'm new here so someone please help me out! I am trying to start my business and first I must get my t-jet (basic red machine to print) to print. I bought it off of e-bay and it came with the new white ink upgrade and all the fastartist/fastrip software. I have installed everything and even got the machine to print just a basic text without the fastartist, but now that i have fastartist/fastrip installed it won't print. I did my artwork clicked print to fast rip, then clicked print icon in fastrip the info spooled and then gets to 27% on status and just stops. The printer never tries to print anything. I have checked the ports, uninstalled and reinstalled. WHAT DO I DO??? It may be something simple that my tired mind is missing after several days of troubleshooting but i am not very computer savy so someone please help me out!!! Thanks!!:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Re: I need help!

Have you tried printing a different file to see if it is having a problem ripping that particular file? What format is the file? Is it vector? Sometimes with vector files they dont spool well and need to be converted to bitmap first. I would make a copy of the file first and save it as a different name, then take one copy and convert it to bitmap and rip that and see if this works. I have an HM1 so I am using a completely different rip, but I have had this issue with files before and this has worked.

If that does not work I would also try uninstalling the rip and doing a clean install, as something may not have installed properly. I have also had this happen when upgrading my rip. Also make sure your ports are correct. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
5,720 Posts

Did you get the security dongle for the FastArtist software with your purchase? Do you have it plugged into your computer?

Harry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

yeah i didn't get the dongle at first but they sent it and these are post dongle problembs:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I could definatly see myself doing something like that but not this time i wish that was it! I am SO frustrated right now! I have people asking for big orders and i can't even get a test shirt done. Thanks for the help!:p

·
Registered
158 Posts
They said they have the dongle :)
ah, didn't catch that, make sure that the program is compatible with your windows operating system and make sure that you drivers are put in correctly. If you don't know anything about computers try to learn very quickly because this is a digital machine and you will need to have some computer knowledge on how to run it! Certain programs aren't compatible with certain operating systems.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I would hope he has it fixed now :) This thread is almost a year old. Who knows maybe he will come back and let us know what the solution was :)

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Hi Anthony, what problem are you having? Maybe we can help :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I can't get my t jet to print. When I send a print command to the blazer it just sits at the front. I know that it is a driver problem because in the history log, it says this
*** Permission error loading driver ***

followed by a lot of other information. I didn't see anything that told me that the usb was closed so I know its not the usb cord. I have uninstalled and recovered my computer and installed the fast rip program again and again. Deleted the folder etc. I have also downloaded the new epson 4880 driver. Imachinegroup.com told me to go to their website and pull up the support page and download two files and then put them into the fast rip folder but I forgot which files they told me to do. I am going to call them soon.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
It sounds like you have covered all the normal things it could be. And your chips don't need to be reset, or your maintenance counter? It does sound like a driver issue though. I would try either IMG or equipment zone. Either of those should be able to provide the files you need. Hope you get running soon. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts