T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

A client just called and they need a specific design printed on black tank tops. I attached a picture of it to this post.

I'm very new to the t shirt biz and I just began learning how to use illustrator. I tried to auto trace this logo but I can't get the fine details of the smudges/grunge features.

I have a heat press and I order custom transfers.

What is the best way to recreate this image as a vector.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I have limited art ability. I already asked the client if it was a specific font (with the thought that if I get the name of the font I could just download and rewrite the word) but I haven't heard back from the client yet.

If its not a font, do I have to redraw this from scratch? And if so, then how do i recreate the smudges and distreesed effect. buy a stock vector?

PLEASE HELP!!

Attachments

· Registered
458 Posts
I would simply invert the image

then you have what you need for your film positive
for printing or making a transfer.

You might also resample the image first to increase your resolution to 300 dpi - if needed.

If what they sent you is low resolution, I would ask them to resend it in it's original format if possible and see if that is a higher resolution.

· Registered
19 Posts
you can go a few ways about it...

Find out what font he used, download it and just recreate the graphic. Find out if he has the original artwork. If neither are available ask him if he'll consider a slight change, what i mean by this is you can find a ton of grunge fonts for download that will look very similar to that. You could probably recreate with a new font (with maybe just some minor differences)

and if all of the above fails and he MUST have that logo and that's the biggest possible image he can provide, then shoot me over the file at [email protected] and i'll see what i can do to help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.