T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a client, actually a friend of a client, who I am doing a "freebie / giveaway" shirt design for on my Brother GT-541 direct-to-garmment printer...Among other things on the shirt, I need to put "Beijing" but in Chinese characters!! Some have suggested that I buy it at some stock image place, but I do not want to get into buying it in this situation, as , well, it's a feebie shirt anyways and as we all know, in business, buying little things and adding them up adds up to big $$....so can anyone tell me where I can find a printable (bitmap etc, not a jpeg) image of "Beijing" in Chinese? (or maybe someone has one and can forward me, etc etc...)
Thanks for any advice.....
Rob

·
Registered
409 Posts
Dictionary.com has a translation feature. when i translate "beijing" to "traditional chinese" I get these characters: 北京

perhaps you can copy and paste them, i don't know how the fonts and such work with this type of thing, or how acurate the symbols are, but, hope it helps.

derek

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
The symbol that Derek posted is dead on..all you need to do is copy paste into a jpg program...save as jpg and then import into Corel...vectorize it...and presto you have a vectorized image to use as you wish...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The symbol that Derek posted is dead on..all you need to do is copy paste into a jpg program...save as jpg and then import into Corel...vectorize it...and presto you have a vectorized image to use as you wish...
Hmmm....a jpeg program? All I have is "Paint" and can't paste anything to it that isn't already a picture file".....

????

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Rob...how are you going to use this...Paint is not a very good program to use.. I do have this is a jpg image..pm me with your email address and I will send it to you...BUT... I will leave my office at 3 PM PDT so if you dont get back to me by then, I will send in the AM.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can go to Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, select Languages tab and install "install files for East Asian Languages". After installation, on the same tab, click on "details". A window will pop up. Click on "Add" to add "Chinese (PRC)", press OK.

Now you have Chinese(PRC) in your language selection. Alt+Shift to switch between languages. Switch to Chinese(PRC) and you can start typing "bei jing" 北京 in your text box (use -/+ to select pages). Hope this help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts