T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,im trying to get into the t shirt business but i have one problem,i know nothing about it.i know that doing heat transfers is the easiest way to go so thats what i wanna focus on.i want to make multicolor prints with text and images.as u can imagine i have alot of questions.

1.what kind of printer,paper and ink(bulk systems,do i need it? what brand) and why.i dont wanna do dye sublimation yet

2. heat press,what kind and size

3. t-shirts what brand,what blend,what weight

4. any books i can read that will help with getting started and all the basics of heat transfers

5. who are good vendors that i should do business with for all my supplies.

6. anything else that i might need to get started

i know that this is a whole lot of questions to ask but im a total newbie.any help that i can get will be very welcome.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
The minimum size you should get is at least 15 x15. Nothing sorry or you will be kicking yourself.
deenastee said:
hi all,im trying to get into the t shirt business but i have one problem,i know nothing about it.i know that doing heat transfers is the easiest way to go so thats what i wanna focus on.i want to make multicolor prints with text and images.as u can imagine i have alot of questions.

1.what kind of printer,paper and ink(bulk systems,do i need it? what brand) and why.i dont wanna do dye sublimation
Us an Epson printer that uses Pigment ink. It is water resistant and does not fade which means it will go throught the washer a lot before you see any changes.

2. heat press,what kind and size

3. t-shirts what brand,what blend,what weight
I am using gildan ultra blend 6.1.

4. any books i can read that will help with getting started and all the basics of heat transfers
You can get more infor here than a lot of the books out there.

5. who are good vendors that i should do business with for all my supplies.
I get my paper from New Millford photo. I use their new Iron All and Opaque

6. anything else that i might need to get started
Just ask anyone here for more info.. I know you will get the answers. And don't worry about too many questions. welcome to our world.

i know that this is a whole lot of questions to ask but im a total newbie.any help that i can get will be very welcome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts