T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a newbies. I like to buy a printer, i want to know what printer shall be use to print a tranparency film in order i can make a screen print t-shirt. please i need your help. to all expert out there. please help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not sure, may be plastic-type film or acetate. what is the best advice to all expert? please help me guys. i want to know about this things coz i want to make a small business.

·
Registered
985 Posts
You should thing about what is the bigger size you might need.
If you get a small printer the maximum size will be up to 8.5X 11. With a wide format printer you may print larger transparencies for larger designs.
I know some people says that you print in more than one page (with the smaller printers), and then combine them to obtain larger positive. But it might work just for hobbyist.

I just bought an old wide format printer off craigslist, it is a 13" wide. I will use it just for screen printing.
I am going to order UV blocking ink from inkjetcarts.us and fill all the cartridges with it and see what comes out.

Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I used to use Xante Laser printer for years with vellum. Now I use my Epson 3800 or just purchased Epson 1400 with waterproof clear acetate film. If I was you, if you can afford it, just buy an Epson 1400 wide format (so you can do bigger designs in the future) and use clear acetate. Should work great for you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.