T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am totally new here and have been reading up on the forums for a couple days now. I wanted to post what I am working on and what I am looking to do.

What I am working on

I am starting a Christian Apparel company call FlipLife Clothing. I have a website already I started to design, www.thefliplife.com.

I have some samples of tshirts made from a local screen shop near me.

Here are the sample images: Picasa Web Albums - Alex Juchniewicz - FlipLife

What I am looking for

1. An good print on demand solution if there is even one out there?
2. I have heard of people outsourcing their work overseas, can anyone recommend some companies?
3. I would like to offer a variety of clothing on my website. Colors, sizes, styles etc. How do you guys do that and be able to process buying the shirts from either print company or whatever method you use that's cost effective?

The issue I am running into is the upfront cost, I am trying to research if there is a good solution for this.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks for reading my post and thank you in advance.

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
1. An good print on demand solution if there is even one out there?
This was originally posted in the "screen printing" section, but there's not really a good print on demand screen printing solution out there.

If you want your t-shirts printed on demand, you'll need to go the DTG (direct to garment) route. There are lots of members here with DTG machines that can do printing for you: Direct to Garment - Find T-Shirt Printers - custom t-shirt printers reviewed at PrinterListings.com

2. I have heard of people outsourcing their work overseas, can anyone recommend some companies?
If you don't have the up front money, then outsourcing overseas doesn't seem like a viable option for you. People outsource overseas when they have very high volume orders (1000's per design) and even then there's a lot to deal with in regards to customs, duties, communication, shipping, etc.

3. I would like to offer a variety of clothing on my website. Colors, sizes, styles etc. How do you guys do that and be able to process buying the shirts from either print company or whatever method you use that's cost effective?
If you're selling via a website, you can offer the different size/color options in your shopping cart.

If you go the DTG route, the DTG printer can then just print whatever size/color/style the customer ordered.

They may ask you to buy some inventory up front to cover the different styles/colors/sizes that you want to offer or they may have some standard styles/colors that they stock.

Other people pay for the different styles/colors/sizes to be printed up front by a screen printer if they want to invest in inventory and have a bigger profit margin (more risk equals more potential for profit)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.