T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I`m new to this site but I will be sticking around now I found you.
Well here's my story.. I have been printing Tees for a coupe of years to supplement my income, I really enjoy the creative side of things.
I thought it was time to ditch the old scissors and invest a little money into a vinyl cutter.. so Like a fool instead of going to a reputable dealer, I visit the flea bay. Sure enough they are listed and very cheap too.
So I am now the not so proud owner of a Creation CR630. I was like a kid on Christmas morning when it arrived, until I tried to get the blasted thing to cut.
It took me 2 hours to assemble the stand and as of yet after 3 days I still haven't got it to work. I am going crazy trying get it to work.
I am using FlexiSign software. I called the guy I bought it from. He told me it was definatly my antivirus and firewall. I uninstalled that still didn't work Tried on another 2 laptops same error. Called him again he said that I need a clean install of Windows Vista. So I reinstalled vista on a machine, the exact same error as on XP. It seems that the Production Manager software keeps crashing. I get this popup error: Error: LoadLibrary PcutLib.DLL then after I click OK on that I get this popup message: Handle of OpenUSBDevice equals NULL.
Sorry about the long post but can anyone shed any light on this for me. I thought that I would just do a design and send it to my plotter from Correl draw... seems not the case.. :(

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
What driver are you using in Flexi? You should be using the creation CT-630 I believe. Also what version of Flexi is it? I don't know why the guy told you to use Vista, only version 8.5 is vista compatable that I know of. I could be wrong on that. Also I don't believe there is a .dll file required for the creation driver. I could be wrong on that also.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FlexiSign 7.6v2 I ahve just downloaded a trial of SignCutX2 and that isn't working too, plus tried changing usb lead, still nothing

·
Registered
104 Posts
also if you are using USB try using the serial port adptor. I had a lot of problems with my P Cut, Switched to the serial port and have had no problems since

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have ordered a usb/serial cable to see if that works otherwise..i`m going to throw it out soon.I wouldn't even sell it on as I wouldn't like to see someone else go through the trouble I have had with it

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Ask anyone that's ever fitted a CIS system if it worked straight away. :(

Sometimes even the simplest errors can seem completely overwhelming. You just have to keep plugging away to resolve issues, to get the results you want.

It would seem that there is either a communication, or file issue preventing the machine from operating at the moment. At 'face value', it doesn't seem like the machine itself that is faulty, so don't get tempted to throw it out, till you get some technical assistance confirming what the fault is.

Try contacting the manufacturers on the link I gave you above. Am certain they'll be the best people to advise you.

·
Registered
173 Posts
hang in there kenjin.when you fix problem you will be as happy with your cutter as i was when i got it working. you will find it is some simple thing.
you gonna have so much fun:)

regards earl

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks everyone for all your advice and encouragement. this seems like a great community to be hangin with. I`ll be a regular on here i think

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I had a problem like this and what I did was get rid of the usb cord and driver that was included,, took the driver out and got a usb compatible with microsoft and re installed the new driver ,, end of story,, you have to remember that it is a print driver and has to be selected when you go to cut.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had a problem like this and what I did was get rid of the usb cord and driver that was included,, took the driver out and got a usb compatible with microsoft and re installed the new driver ,, end of story,, you have to remember that it is a print driver and has to be selected when you go to cut.

what do you mean 'got a usb compatible with microsoft' a compatable USB what?

1 - 20 of 218 Posts