T-Shirt Forums banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

· Registered
353 Posts
I may just purchase the expert pro, does it cut details pretty well?

Blood, Sweat, and Vinyl Cutters! :)
Yes, the Expert Pro works very well. Out of the entire line of GCC cutters, that is the one I recommend to most of my customers who don't need the optical eye for contour cutting. This is one that I consider the best bang for the buck...sign vinyl, garment decorating, window tint, template material. It's an all around great machine.

· Registered
353 Posts
hello, I am new to the forum, I'm thinking about buying a pumaIII, you can cut small and perfect letters? with that size? 5mm? the machine is trustable? sorry my english... ;)
As I posted above about the Expert Pro being a great cutter, the Puma is the same thing with the addition of the optical eye for contour cutting. My choices for cost and reliability in the GCC line...Expert Pro and Puma III.

As for the small letters, that is also dependent on the material you are cutting. Some material cuts well with small letters and others don't.

· Registered
986 Posts
I think I might be using too much downforce on my expert 24 for siser easy weed at 45, when I'm cutting circles or a curve, the while blade holder shakes like its cutting against the strip, but it weeds fine and do not cut through the carrier, is that normal for this cutter?

· Registered
353 Posts
I think I might be using too much downforce on my expert 24 for siser easy weed at 45, when I'm cutting circles or a curve, the while blade holder shakes like its cutting against the strip, but it weeds fine and do not cut through the carrier, is that normal for this cutter?
The Expert 24 has that little clip that holds in the blade holder. Make sure it is snapped shut and holding well. I've heard they can break and not hold the blade holder very tightly. Also, I'm sure you know what you're doing, but just check that the blade holder is in the slot and not above it. I've seen people put the rim of the blade under, on top, and try running it.

· Registered
177 Posts
It sounds like your latch might be coming loose on your machine, Mine started doing that and then the latch lock snapped off and broke, Mine was still covered by warrantly through imprintables but if not i believe its a few hundred dollars including shipping to get a new one.

One of the reasons i upgraded to the puma III was that the latch is more study and is a screw type latch instead of plastic clip

· Registered
262 Posts
Hello all,

I do mainly sublimation but thought I might want to start doing some vinyl and embellish my sublimation with rhinestones. We went to the NBM Show in Orlando and looked at cutters.

We ended up with a EnduraCut2 from Sign Warehouse which looks exactly like the Puma III. When I question them about that they said it is the same thing just relabeled for them to make it their own, but it is really a GCC PumaIII.

You know the influence of sales rep at these shows that kind of remind you of crooked used scar sales men, you know tell them what they want to hear just to sell them something. The sales rep told me once I get the machine and get it I boxed the first thing to do is call tech support and they will walk me through step by step on setting it up which they did.

I knew this was made by GCC and talked to the tech as a comparison to which GCC model this was and he assured me it was a PumaIII relabeled for them. So that built alittle bit more trust that's what it was.

In my 52 years of life I have never owned or even used a cutter so now comes the fun part of learning a new piece of equipment that I am afraid of destroying in the process.

Any advice I can get will be greatly appreciated..

Sorry for the long book..

Thanks
Steve

· Registered
353 Posts
When I question them about that they said it is the same thing just relabeled for them to make it their own, but it is really a GCC PumaIII.

I'm not sure what they did to it, but I don't know how they can sell a $1250 cutter with a bunch of freebies for $699. Maybe it's the same shell, but who knows if it's the same MB, memory, etc. Also, it might be proprietary to their cutting software???

· Registered
262 Posts
Don't know but I love it so far and their software is SAI Cloud and LXI it does what I need and I am happy with it.

I have never had or used one so I can't compare it to others.

I don't know other software but what I do in Corel I export in either AI or EPS and then import it into the cutter software in EPS and cut. That is how tech support said to do it.

· Registered
75 Posts
In the past I have had a roland, graphtec and us cutter vinyl cutters.
I'm about to buy another, the choice is between the puma 3 and the graphtec 6000.
Can anyone she'd some light? I hear the puma 3 is very easy to use, and I know graphtec can be a little tricky.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.