T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
You only use 65 grams of downforce for Sticky Flock??? That seems really low. I use the same blade with the same cutter and I use 140 grams of downforce. I noticed that I said earlier that I used close to 160, but my blade was scratching way into the backer paper so I backed off the downforce and the blade depth and it weeds much easier now.
I just checked the settings on my Puma III, and in my notes both are 65 grams of downforce, with the 60 degree CleanCut Zecu blade. My blade is out just a bit more than half of a credit cards thickness. As I had said, very few of the Sticky Flock boogers stay on the backing when I peel the design up but, 98% of them come off when I put it on a Cricut mat after cutting. If I look at the backing paper after cutting with a 10x loupe there is just barely any marking from the blade on the backing.

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That's crazy... I accidentally cut at 80 grams the other day after forgetting to change settings back after cutting vinyl.
It didn't cut through very well at all.

You're only using 1 pass?
Yes only one pass. And I use the same downforce (65 grams) to cut the SGS Template material, and that leaves about 99% of the boogers on the backing.

When I cut Oracal 751 I only use 35 grams downforce, Oracal 731 I use 30 grams downforce, Siser EasyWeed I use 45 grams downforce, this is with the stock 45 degree Puma III blade.

· Registered
2,690 Posts
Yes only one pass. And I use the same downforce (65 grams) to cut the SGS Template material, and that leaves about 99% of the boogers on the backing.

When I cut Oracal 751 I only use 35 grams downforce, Oracal 731 I use 30 grams downforce, Siser EasyWeed I use 45 grams downforce, this is with the stock 45 degree Puma III blade.
This is what happens when you use the correct blade and have the depth perfect. Good Going !!!

· Registered
273 Posts
the GCC Puma 3 is great machine. but for people who dont want to spend 1250 GCC makes the expert pro @995 same servo motor and lcd interface just no optical eye.Everyone who i know that has bought the puma loves it. Glad to see you are chef.

· Registered
2,498 Posts
the GCC Puma 3 is great machine. but for people who dont want to spend 1250 GCC makes the expert pro @995 same servo motor and lcd interface just no optical eye.Everyone who i know that has bought the puma loves it. Glad to see you are chef.
The Expert Pro is actually only 955. :)

· Registered
986 Posts
So Stephanie, How do you like your Expert Pro? I would like to see some videos of it in action, but I can only find the expert 24 stepper motors. Would you say that the Expert Pro would be a suitable vinyl cutter and I would not need to purchase a GX24 or graphtec?

· Registered
2,690 Posts
So Stephanie, How do you like your Expert Pro? I would like to see some videos of it in action, but I can only find the expert 24 stepper motors. Would you say that the Expert Pro would be a suitable vinyl cutter and I would not need to purchase a GX24 or graphtec?
Here are some basic differences between the Expert pro and the Roland and Graphtec,

The Both the Roland and Graphtec have a optical eye for contour cutting,,, the Roland has 250 grams of downforce and the Graphtec with 300 grams...

The Expert pro,, does not have an optical eye, it has 400 grams of downforce,, however the expert pro has a feature that allows you to cut from edge to edge of the pinch rollers,, the Roland and Graphtec does not allow this so you pick up a lot of normally wasted vinyl..

Warranties,, Graphtec and Roland 2 years,, Expert Pro 1 year,, however to be completely fair and considering apples to apples then you would have to look at the Puma 3..

Hope that helps...

· Registered
986 Posts
Yes I don't I would be interested in the optic eye. I was just curious to the performance of the expert pro paired up to the graphtec and Roland since they all have servo motors. I saw a video with the graphtec and Rolands in actions and they both were pretty quick. I was just curious if the speed or the performance of the expert pro was just as good when it comes to cutting vinyl for t shirts.

· Registered
2,690 Posts
Yes I don't I would be interested in the optic eye. I was just curious to the performance of the expert pro paired up to the graphtec and Roland since they all have servo motors. I saw a video with the graphtec and Rolands in actions and they both were pretty quick. I was just curious if the speed or the performance of the expert pro was just as good when it comes to cutting vinyl for t shirts.
They are apples to apples,,

Roland,, 20 IPS

Graphtec 24 IPS

Expert Pro 24 IPS

· Registered
116 Posts
I am having a hard time cutting flock on my puma III, I have tried it all! I am trying to cut a design and half the circles cut and the other half do not. I have used over a yard of material attempting to cut one design. I have cut from 135-150 df double cut, I have a new clean cut blade and I have adjusted the blade to the thickness of flock.

Any suggestions?

· Registered
116 Posts
I suggest taking if off double cut. Only do one pass. See if that helps.

Stephanie- I have tried doing single and double with no luck. I was having issues with the circles as well, some would cut and some would not. I did change the white strip and that took care of the problem.

I am now having issues with the weed boxes, the circles cut but I still cannot get the circles to stay on the backing. The weed boxes cut but I have to use scissors to cut over the weed boxes because it does not cut all the way through! I have noticed that the blade seems to be dragging, it is a new blade. Perhaps the blade holder?? Any suggestions, as I have wasted several yards of flock.

· Registered
273 Posts
See what your pressure is set at and check your blade . Also check the blade depth if its not cutting through. Check the blade first then check what your pressure is set at. If these two are fine then next step is look at what program your using and see if there's something there.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.