T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a GCC Puma III to replace my VinylExpress R31 (Redsail). What an awesome cutter! Quiet servo motors, edge to edge cutting, contour cutting too! It just plain rocks!
I never could get my R31 to cut Sticky Flock. The Puma III cuts it like a hot knife through butter!! :D
Take a look at the difference in the pic.

Attachments

· Registered
178 Posts
I love everything about my puma III except the cheap plastic parts (ie. Pinch rollers) you would think the parts that deal with pressure to maintain good tracking would be made out of something better. I guess everything is made out of cheap plastic anymore.

· Registered
2,498 Posts
Are you using your VLCD monitor?
The Puma has an LCD display on the unit itself so it doesn't come with the VLCD.

When I use a roll of Sticky Flock, I normally cut a piece off rather than feed the roll in because the material is so heavy. Are you able to feed a roll in and cut successfully? I've never tried.

· Registered
2,498 Posts
Fantastic! No weeding issues at all using 150g downforce and one pass. :D
Thank you for the tip.
Now to order some CleanCut Blades! :cool:
That's GREAT! So glad to help. It will not only cut your production time down, but it will prevent unnecessary wear and tear on your cutter.

Looking forward to seeing what you make! :)

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have yet to achieve the perfect weed with sticky flock and for the life of cannot figure it out. I have tried 1-2 passes using different down forces. Any other tips?
For my Puma III I use the following settings and just 1 pass:
Speed: 15
Downforce: 60-65 grams
I also use a CleanCut 60 degree Zecu blade.

Once cut I remove from the backing, only a few Sticky Flock boogers stay on the backing. I place it on a Cricut mat, lift and all the boogers are out! Most of my designs are with 6ss stones (.91 hole size)

· Registered
2,498 Posts
For my Puma III I use the following settings and just 1 pass:
Speed: 15
Downforce: 60-65 grams
I also use a CleanCut 60 degree Zecu blade.

Once cut I remove from the backing, only a few Sticky Flock boogers stay on the backing. I place it on a Cricut mat, lift and all the boogers are out! Most of my designs are with 6ss stones (.91 hole size)
You only use 65 grams of downforce for Sticky Flock??? That seems really low. I use the same blade with the same cutter and I use 140 grams of downforce. I noticed that I said earlier that I used close to 160, but my blade was scratching way into the backer paper so I backed off the downforce and the blade depth and it weeds much easier now.

· Registered
116 Posts
I have tried from 60-160 single and double cut and I cannot get it to weed right. It does cut the circles but then I have to stick it on to acrylic tape to be able to weed the circles! I have even messed with the blade and have had no luck.

· Registered
2,498 Posts
I have tried from 60-160 single and double cut and I cannot get it to weed right. It does cut the circles but then I have to stick it on to acrylic tape to be able to weed the circles! I have even messed with the blade and have had no luck.
What software and what cutter are you using?

· Registered
2,498 Posts
I have the puma III, software stone cut pro.
Hmmm... That's weird. I've never had a problem with weeding except when my blade is extended out too far.

I actually have the Expert Pro now which is the exact same cutter as the Puma III except it doesn't have the optical eye. I had the Puma III but never used the optical eye so I sold it and got this one instead.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.