T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this too good to be true for ebay,or do websites always have killer deals like this.
the seller had pics and they looked nice.

lets say its broken or faulty, Geo knight would help me as i see These machines boasts a lifetime warranty on the heat platen,
and im willing to pay whatever for heat-control electronics. these things go for 1500 normally.

did i make the right move or should i have spent the extra bread to get a new geo knight.

ebay does protect me right so if he pulled a fast one I the shirt gangster dont have to live up to my user name and break a couple of legs, :devilish:

im nervous AF right now, did i get lucky or did i get made. someone please give me the run down on this heat press stuff. have you guys known or seen any good deals online.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
GK has parts available via their site, and price point on parts is generally good (compared to some other brands). There are bushings in the arms/levers that can wear if it has been used a great deal and with high pressure, but those are available as parts and are fairly cheap. The electronics are not insanely expensive, so you'd still come out ahead if you had to replace them. The things are generally pretty bullet proof.

As to price of used ones ... I wouldn't know. There weren't any used ones for sale in my area when I was shopping, so had to buy new.

If the guy is selling it as fully functional, then eBay should have you covered if it isn't. Congrats on the find.

·
Registered
9,755 Posts
There isn't much to it, most of the parts can easily be replaced.

• Wow
Reactions: ShirtGangster

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There isn't much to it, most of the parts can easily be replaced.
So lets say the seller had ill intentions👿 and poor little naive me😢
bought this too good to be true deal right. theoretically geo knight has all the parts plus with the lifetime guarantee heat platen
i could make it brand spanking new?
again forgive me for being naive... maybe im making a bigger deal out of it but i feel like i hit the lotto. 700 bucks not 800 but 700 for a 16x20 heatpress from GEO KNIGHT.

basically is this very common or does this rise your suspicion. oh and he has less then 4 reviews..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GK has parts available via their site, and price point on parts is generally good (compared to some other brands). There are bushings in the arms/levers that can wear if it has been used a great deal and with high pressure, but those are available as parts and are fairly cheap. The electronics are not insanely expensive, so you'd still come out ahead if you had to replace them. The things are generally pretty bullet proof.

As to price of used ones ... I wouldn't know. There weren't any used ones for sale in my area when I was shopping, so had to buy new.

If the guy is selling it as fully functional, then eBay should have you covered if it isn't. Congrats on the find.
it just doesnt seem real to me, but as you said The electronics are not insanely expensive, so you'd still come out ahead if you had to replace them. The things are generally pretty bullet proof.
I guess that cements it. regardless if he fcked me over and sold me a rubbish one, i could get the parts and make it anew right... basically i just wanted to know are killer deals like this common in this world or NO. its like selling a brand new iphone for 200 bucks via an independent seller is a major red flag but if its verizon apple or at&t doing the deal then its pretty common for them to offer deals and discounts, you get me. sorry if im ramble too much. i feel like backing out and spending a little more on the other deals with MORE REVIEWS. but the pictures looked nice showed me the S/N and all.

·
Administrator
15,643 Posts
Yeesh man, will you relax and let things play out. 3 posts all saying the exact same thing.

You should have considered your original questions before purchase. Yes, ebay offers some protection. Yes you can always get parts if the press does not work, but if it doesn't work as advertised then file a claim with ebay.

No, $800 for a used $1,500 press is not some killer deal. Its not like buying a Lambo for $10. It is about paying about what a used $1,500 limited market item should cost.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeesh man, will you relax and let things play out. 3 posts all saying the exact same thing.

You should have considered your original questions before purchase. Yes, ebay offers some protection. Yes you can always get parts if the press does not work, but if it doesn't work as advertised then file a claim with ebay.

No, $800 for a used $1,500 press is not some killer deal. Its not like buying a Lambo for $10. It is about paying about what a used $1,500 limited market item should cost.
apologizes the reason im so frantic is cause theres still time to back out and i never even planned on buying a used heat press but after stahls representative suggested look for refurbished models since they rarely offer discounts, i literally opened up a tab and looked on ebay, and i saw a deal that was literally posted a few hours ago that I THOUGHT. was too good to refuse, i saw the pics, looked at the description, his less that 4 reviews was a red flag but 600 dollars for a 16x20 geo knight........ and he showed the S/N and pictures from all sides. says he barely used it.

i turned into gollum for a split second and that heatpress was the ring, and well
without even thinking and here i am. 😙

basically i just wanted one of you veterans to tell me which you guys did but i was just looking for reassurance like
" oh no bro you made a rookie mistake in this biz, back out this is a common scam in the t shirt business, didnt you read the guidelines
or

"RELAX this so called discount is no big deal youll always find deals/bargins like that on name brand presses. "

thats all. sorry my fault if i offended.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
apologizes the reason im so urgent is cause theres still time to back out and i never even planned on buying a used heat press but after stahls representative suggested look for refurbished models since they rarely offer discounts, i looked on ebay, and i saw a deal that I THOUGHT. was too good to refuse, i saw the pics, looked at the description, his less that 4 reviews was a red flag but 600 dollars for a 16x20 geo knight........ and he showed the S/N and pictures from all sides. says he barely used it.

i pulled the trigger without even thinking and here i am.
basically i just want one of you veterans to tell me which you guys did but i was just looking for reassurance like " you made a rookie mistake in this biz, No back out this is a common scam in our business or Nah this is discount is no big deal youll always find deals like that on name brand presses. Im calming down down.

thats all. sorry if i offended.
You did good getting a used GK rather than a used Stahls, as the latter tends to have pricier parts. And I'm not so much thinking of the thing coming to you broken, but just that it already has some miles on it, so is some unknown amount closer to something wearing out than a new press would be.

Again, congrats, and enjoy your new equipment :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You did good getting a used GK rather than a used Stahls, as the latter tends to have pricier parts. And I'm not so much thinking of the thing coming to you broken, but just that it already has some miles on it, so is some unknown amount closer to something wearing out than a new press would be.

Again, congrats, and enjoy your new equipment :p
As much as i like to take credit it was mostly YOU guys on here from my other threads who steered me to Geo Knight taught me, it was you guys who told me about the cheaper parts.
so i tip the hat to you guys.
i was going to go with stahl and get the a2z swing press kit for 1k, COMES WITH PILLOWS AND CHANGE PLATENS, but it only works with a 20 amp and tho i have some in my
house i rather work in my room or anywhere without having to worry if its 15 or 20 amp. basically my 20 amps are located in inconvenient places.

but just that it already has some miles on it, so is some unknown amount closer to something wearing out than a new press would be.
on the sellers description alongside the pics which shows the heatpress in his living room says
Geo Knight Clamshell 16x20 Heat Press DK20.
This heat press is like new, barely used and in excellent condition.

and again for the last time even if it has some miles on it or wearing out that wont be a problem as all the issues have affordable ways to be fixed anew.
like you said i still will come out on top.

once it arrives i will for sure update. you know the other week this is no lie i saw a shooting star 2:00 am in the morning when i went to go take my trash out and made a wish :unsure:
hmmmm only time will tell.
when it arrives i will update

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
i think most lifetime platen warranties are for original purchaser,
try to get the original receipt from your ebay fiend

p.s. that was not a shooting star, but the mlb satellite-balloon keeping tabs on you

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
i think most lifetime platen warranties are for original purchaser,
try to get the original receipt from your ebay fiend

"IN HOMER SIMPSON VOICE* "D'OH
could you imagine the lower platen is dead and i would have to buy the entire lower platen. also i did contact and message him to send the receipts or else the shirt gangstas gonna live up to his name :ROFLMAO: no but i hope geo knights honors 2nd hand buyers though from a business stance i could understand why they wouldnt do that ....[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
could you imagine the lower platen is dead and i would have to buy the entire lower platen. also i did contact and message him to send the receipts or else the shirt gangstas gonna live up to his name :ROFLMAO: no but i hope geo knights honors 2nd hand buyers though from a business stance i could understand why they wouldnt do that ....

definitely a good idea to reach out to geoknight, they are a very good company

if you think logically, why would geo/hix offer lifetime platen warranty?
they are made properly, and will not need replacing if used in the normal day-to-day operations
anything else that fails is very reasonable to buy and install (....cough-cough - not like hotronix.....)

and as mentioned, ebay can be a safety net (esp. if the seller has a good rep)

happy trails as you press your t-shirts into the future
(worst case scenario is you will have the ability to make rectangle cricket/meal-worm tortillas....)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
When I come across a "deal", if you will, I jot down the Serial Numbers and call Geo. Knight or Stahls, and ask them if the press has had any major repairs done to it, as far as parts goes. Knight parts prices are a heck of a lot cheaper than Stahls, as was stated earlier in the thread

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I come across a "deal", if you will, I jot down the Serial Numbers and call Geo. Knight or Stahls, and ask them if the press has had any major repairs done to it, as far as parts goes. Knight parts prices are a heck of a lot cheaper than Stahls, as was stated earlier in the thread
That is actually a very very smart idea. thats what im going to do. yeah you guys were the ones who told me earlier on that geo knight had cheaper parts... i give all praise to you guys on here

1 - 15 of 15 Posts