T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with Midwest Sign Supply, specifically located in Portland. To put it short, their sales people are rude. Many of them have no knowledge of inks. But mainly their prices don't make much sense to me. They are the only distributors of union and wilflex inks in Oregon. So I assume they feel they can jack up prices. For instance, a 5 gallon pail at atlas screen supply is $250 retail, Midwest wants $325. A difference of $75. I actually had to buy it at that price several times. And all of their union inks are $25 more for gallons compared to other suppliers. I can understand a price difference between suppliers, but that's a huge gap.

The thing that bothers me the most is that one of their main sales reps stopped by my shop and told me that I'd get 10% off any of their inks each time I order. I thought cool so I started ordering and when I go to pick up the story changes and the manager basically calls me a liar. I even have a voicemail from her saying so! I guess I won't be using union or wilflex anymore, those two brands were my main ink lines. Total idiots. They keep this crap up they won't be here long. Anyone else have issues with the
or am I singled out?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also just remembered, when I bought my auto I asked them for a quote. The quote was actually a grand less then the competitors. When I met the regional manager and was asked why I didn't buy the auto from them and bought it from someone else, the answer was simple. The lack of customer service. I told him that their was cheaper on the auto, but I knew I'd get better service from the competitor. LOL I thought maybe the regional manager would try fixing things after the discussion, but seems things are worse.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you tried reaching out to them and discussing the issues again? Seems like they'd negotiate the pricing down to be competative if you presented the case. Or just order from someone else and be done with it.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I have experienced a little of that. They are my main supplier, but I do feel the need to check prices. Sometimes they are WAY off, but any time I point that out to them they adjust my price. Also there was one product that I found out I was getting over charged on...when I brought it to their attention they credited me my past purchases for the item. I feel like my local staff knows there stuff...or at least enough to make me feel that way. haha.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Atlas doesn't sell union ink. Unless you're talking about a different Atlas Screen Supply. I pick up there from time to time, and know they don't carry it.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did reach out to them but didn't get much of a response, well not a good one anyway. I finally found a non chain local supplier for union inks, thank god and they are super nice! And I bought some wilflex 5 gallons from an online supplier. After shipping the online supplier is only a couple bucks less, but I'd rather give them my business then to those other clowns.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ha! 3 years after this post... it is still the same.
I too have asked Midwest about this, even asked to see if they would pricematch... nope.

I just cancelled an order today right after placing it.
I didnt think the total was right, so I checked prices with their competitor.... $40 cheaper per gallon with their competitor.

·
Registered
396 Posts
have you checked ebay ? i was suprised to find vinyl 5 bucks cheaper per roll and free shipping from the same guy i have bought from for years. no telling how many 100's i wasted. i know they have ink, ive bought it there before. and screw the other company. they don't deserve your business.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts