T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Re: I have a great suggestion!

and they're saying now that soon Android will overtake the iPhone in popularity.
Hehe, who's "they"? I don't see that happening any time soon :)

Make an Android App too :p
Actually, if you go to the Andriod Marketplace and search for Tapatalk and install that free app, you should be able to access T-ShirtForums through there. Just search for T-ShirtForums :)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
And with tapatalk, you can't post with the free version :(
Why not use the paid version?

I'll definitely keep a tally on the demand and if the demand is there, it's possible we can figure out some way to offer a free android version.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, I'm with Fr4nk13. An App for Android OS or even BlackBerry OS would be cool. I know a lot of people have been buying android phones and is becoming as popular as the Iphone considering that many new phones are coming with the Android OS. Just food for thought. :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
we really need a android app!! my android runs circles around the Iphone.. android is def. becoming more and more popular and more used, even iphone users are converting!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I use tapatalk all the time....doing this post with it actually!! Don't be cheap...it's worth it. $2.99 I use it for my forum. In some cases like PM's I prefer using it. It's way faster to read and delete using it.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
I have an android device (Samsung Galaxy tab) and and Iphone. Last week it was announced that the android OS passed Blackberry in numbers...I do have an Android phone..Droid X and it probably is more powerful than the iPhone but I like the iPhone just because of its size and simplicity of use...With Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T along with Verizon selling Android devices, I suspect that OS will soon be top dog or close to it. I do like the iPad but it is just too big for my life style...the 7 inch galaxy works better...but that is just a personal preference

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have an android device (Samsung Galaxy tab) and and Iphone. Last week it was announced that the android OS passed Blackberry in numbers...I do have an Android phone..Droid X and it probably is more powerful than the iPhone but I like the iPhone just because of its size and simplicity of use...With Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T along with Verizon selling Android devices, I suspect that OS will soon be top dog or close to it. I do like the iPad but it is just too big for my life style...the 7 inch galaxy works better...but that is just a personal preference
I don't need a phone more powerful than the Iphone. Works good for me!! The 3g kinda sucked for speed but the new one is much improved.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Last I read the iphone is now 3rd, Blackberry 2nd, and Android 1st by operating system. Honestly, out of the dozens of people I work with, and dozens more friends, only a couple have iphones; the majority have either Blackberrys or Droids, running about 50/50. I would like to see a t-shirt forum app for sure but I understand that development of such things can be expensive if you don't have the technical skills to write them yourself.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Last I read the iphone is now 3rd, Blackberry 2nd, and Android 1st by operating system. Honestly, out of the dozens of people I work with, and dozens more friends, only a couple have iphones; the majority have either Blackberrys or Droids, running about 50/50. I would like to see a t-shirt forum app for sure but I understand that development of such things can be expensive if you don't have the technical skills to write them yourself.
An Android app is definitely planned :)

You can still access T-ShirtForums via the tapatalk app on the Android (or blackberry), but a dedicated TShirtForums app is planned as well.

The demographics are probably going to vary by region and workplace. Most people around here have iPhones.

I'm not sure who's doing the surveys, but in general, I still think iPhone and iPhone app usage is much more popular in the general public's mind.

I understand that development of such things can be expensive if you don't have the technical skills to write them yourself.
This is also true.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, but as with everything, we have to prioritize, and in this case the iPhone app came first.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Does the iphail app have all the functions tapatalk lacks? Not having the ability to thank people bothers me. Its also seems pretty stripped down. Well I guess all forums do on it.

Swyped via tapatalk

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Does the iphail app have all the functions tapatalk lacks?
I don't know about *all* the functions, but if Thanks is not in the app now, it will be soon.

ts also seems pretty stripped down
Yes, that's the goal of the apps. To provide a faster, more streamlined experience for mobile users while still allowing members to do the main functions (read, post, upload pictures, message, etc)

The Android app is officially in development :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts