T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my shirts from bare apparel today and they are nice. I ordered them on Mon. and I got them today(thurs.). They sent them groun priorty from arizona to louisville(not bad!), but you get sooner if you choose ups/fed ex. Right out of the bag I notice the shirt is smaller than most 2xxl. This is what I wanted, it is suppose to be some what of a fitted shirt! The feel of the shirt is great, it has a soft feel, but it not to soft, to the point of flemsy. There are no tags in the collar, but there is a bare apparel tag on the side seem, inside the shirt. The customer service was top notch, gave me a call back just to verify order and to make sure I choes the right shirts I needed. I ordered the high end custom vintage crew in black and the blue/grey. My ques to anyone who has used bare apparel shirts or similar, would you consider the blue/grey too be light or dark? I would love to use jpss on this shirt but I'm not sure. Any suggestions!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi there...do you have a link to these bare t-shirts?

I am quite interested to know more....is there only limited styles available?

·
Registered
224 Posts
woah!....quite expensive.

Just out of interest Continental Clothing are really the only other UK company that do similar tees without neck labels & in vintage/distressed designs. However what many people don't realise is they still have their 'Continental Clothing ' branded labels on the inner part of the garmant so really they are to an extent branded & not 'labeless'! Is this the same for the Bare Apparel shirts....do they have any inner branding?

·
Registered
224 Posts
sorry i have just seen you have said in your earlier post there is an inner Bare Apparel tag...so really they're just like a Continental tee then. They also are small for their actual sizes & a tight fit! These things are never really totally tagless, so really defeats the object of putting your tags in to an extent...many customers wouldnt know any different, but i also know many people that are very into their labels and check things like this... i'm sure this won't benefit true fashion designers.

·
Registered
286 Posts
sorry i have just seen you have said in your earlier post there is an inner Bare Apparel tag...so really they're just like a Continental tee then. They also are small for their actual sizes & a tight fit! These things are never really totally tagless, so really defeats the object of putting your tags in to an extent...many customers wouldnt know any different, but i also know many people that are very into their labels and check things like this... i'm sure this won't benefit true fashion designers.
Hello! Just to let you know, which might also help you in developing your new blank line, you cannot sell a shirt without a label by law. On the label, you must either include an RN number or your company's name...so, blank companies really aren't left with the option of being totally label-less. We don't put a label in the neck so that it's easy to relabel or screen in a label. It's easier and neater to remove a label from the seam than from the neck, if that is the choice a designer goes for. In addition, many designers, screenprinters, etc. don't mind having the branded care label in the inner side seam because it isn't a noticable location. Plus, we do cut and sew shirts with generic (brand-less) care labels upon request.

Another option you might consider for your line is the tear-away labels that are also popular with some blank lines.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Right out of the bag I notice the shirt is smaller than most 2xxl
I noticed that as well. They are definitely meant to be more fitted. They were more fitted than an AmericanApparel 2001 XXL.

I got some of the new washes they have (tea stain, lava wash) and they are amazing. Between those and the super soft ones, I could definitely see using them for a high end line of clothing.

Just a bit more motivation for me to lose a few pounds :)

My ques to anyone who has used bare apparel shirts or similar, would you consider the blue/grey too be light or dark? I would love to use jpss on this shirt but I'm not sure.
It's a lighter color garment. I would put it in the category of like a baby blue, which would work with JPSS as long as you realize that whatever your design is would just have to be darker than the garment. You also have to realize that with JPSS, you won't get any white in the design, so whatever is white in the design will be the color of the garment.

If you just had a design that was black ink, I think it would work well on those shirts.

But for the price of the blanks, to me, it would seem like a travesty to put an inkjet transfer on them. I guess I haven't fully delved into the JPSS world...but for a high end blank like that, it seems like the high end customer that would be buying it at the price point that it would need to be sold at to make a decent profit would be expecting screen printing or even DTG. Just some thoughts :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Im 6'8 and even the XL isnt too tight on me. Our sizes S-XL are slightly fitted but not near as tight as an American. Ive heard recently from Rodney that our XXL is fitted. Usually customers will go up to the next size if they want them loose. Unfortunatly we dont usually stock 3XL or 4XL.

We are looking at doing a small run of 3 and 4XL shirts and loosening the chest by a 1/4". When I get these I will send you some Rodney!

A lot of customers wanted a little tighter in the chest but a little longer length wise. But I think its safe to say that the larger sizes we may open the chest up a bit on the 2XL and if we carry 3 and 4XL.

Im glad you both liked them and quintell, thanks for the order, keep in touch and I would love to see thge shirts after you print them..

DaveyM> I dont think we are comparable to Continental Clothing at all. We are a premium made in the USA line and a mass produced foreign made product. Their stuff is nice and used by many, but very different shirt and company. As far as labels, as Haley said Customers are free to remove our label, but must put their own in.

Beau

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Im 6'8 and even the XL isnt too tight on me.
I'm 6'3, and I'm sure one day the XL won't be too tight on me either :) Few more crunches, some laps around the pool, Weight Watchers, etc, I'll be there :D

I was mostly just comparing it to other XXL tees that do fit me though (americanapparel, continental clothing, alternative apparel, etc). I admit I'm probably a bit rounder than the demographic fits.

Sometimes a manufacturer will get a tee that is labeled one thing, but sometimes it doesn't match the actual specs. I've ordered XXLs from other places that felt like smalls. Not saying that happened here at all, but it does sometimes happen.

A lot of customers wanted a little tighter in the chest but a little longer length wise.
It's really hard to make a "perfect" t-shirt that fits what everyone is looking for. Some people want slim, some people want it a bit looser.

I think the chest area is where my personal issue lies. It's probably more an issue with my own shape, than the way the tees fit, since they are supposed to be slimmer.

Don't get me wrong, I love the blanks and the quality. The fit is just different than I'm used to.

With all the different body shapes out there, you could have someone 6'3 wear a size large and someone 6'3 wear a size 3XL or more. It also depends on how you like your tees to fit. The slimmer fits are definitely in when it comes to the premium retail brands.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Rodney.. Some great points.. Not everyone wants the same fit and not everything fits the same on everyone..

thanks for the feed back!! Look forward to meeting in ATL in a few weeks!!

B

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hello! Just to let you know, which might also help you in developing your new blank line, you cannot sell a shirt without a label by law. On the label, you must either include an RN number or your company's name...so, blank companies really aren't left with the option of being totally label-less. We don't put a label in the neck so that it's easy to relabel or screen in a label. It's easier and neater to remove a label from the seam than from the neck, if that is the choice a designer goes for. In addition, many designers, screenprinters, etc. don't mind having the branded care label in the inner side seam because it isn't a noticable location. Plus, we do cut and sew shirts with generic (brand-less) care labels upon request.

Another option you might consider for your line is the tear-away labels that are also popular with some blank lines.
Hi thanks for your reply. I wasn't comparing the overall shirt as i havn't seen yours...I was just going by what someone else said regarding the overall fit & the fact that Continental are one of the only other labeless t-shirts on the market that stock Vintage/distressed lines & their sizes always seem to be a size smaller than they state. I'm XL & could't get into their XL...and they don't stock above this size. Secondly a great deal of their lines cater for a tighter fit and aren't loose. Not everyone likes this fit especially me as in my case havn't got the body for it! :(

However, I fully understand what you say about you can never have a totally labeless t-shirt. our manufacturers know about the regulations for labels on tees & our labels will be as inconspicuous as possible. However my lines are still in development & i'm waiting on some samples back soon.

Fair enough if inner labels are small & inconspicuous but a couple iv'e seen aren't & have big inner labels/branded motifs/even a company website address, so this really this defeats the object if someone wants to place their own label into the garment.

I know a wholesaler in the UK...no names mentioned that supplies labelless t-shirts & cuts the inside brand label out & resells them as totally unbranded...it's imposible to properly cut out inner labels so god knows what happens to the t-shirt over time, as removing inner labels does destroy the seam unless done professionally!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I noticed that as well. They are definitely meant to be more fitted. They were more fitted than an AmericanApparel 2001 XXL.

I got some of the new washes they have (tea stain, lava wash) and they are amazing. Between those and the super soft ones, I could definitely see using them for a high end line of clothing.

Just a bit more motivation for me to lose a few pounds :)

It's a lighter color garment. I would put it in the category of like a baby blue, which would work with JPSS as long as you realize that whatever your design is would just have to be darker than the garment. You also have to realize that with JPSS, you won't get any white in the design, so whatever is white in the design will be the color of the garment.

If you just had a design that was black ink, I think it would work well on those shirts.

But for the price of the blanks, to me, it would seem like a travesty to put an inkjet transfer on them. I guess I haven't fully delved into the JPSS world...but for a high end blank like that, it seems like the high end customer that would be buying it at the price point that it would need to be sold at to make a decent profit would be expecting screen printing or even DTG. Just some thoughts :)
I'm going to order the Distress Generator from advanced artist and I thought this would be perfect for this kind of shirt, using jpss...
I did think about using a screenprinter for this,but I thought the price would be to much for a set up fee, and the cost for 1 shirt. I'm going to use the money for the set -up fee(25.00), plus ten bucks, to get the DG(DG 34.99).
I will look into the DTG, didnt think about this one. I thought they(DTG) used regular ink, wait or is it solvent ink? thanks for the feed back Rodney!!!

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I did think about using a screenprinter for this,but I thought the price would be to much for a set up fee, and the cost for 1 shirt.
Yes, in general, screen printing wouldn't work for just one t-shirt.

I thought this would be perfect for this kind of shirt, using jpss..
It's worth a shot. I could be totally wrong. Be sure to check out this thread about customer expectations: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/ecommerce-site-design/t58258.html

I will look into the DTG, didnt think about this one. I thought they(DTG) used regular ink, wait or is it solvent ink?
When I mentioned DTG, I meant outsourcing to a person/company that has a DTG printer. There are no setup fees and they can do one off prints.

If you're looking to do it all in house, I guess that might not be an option. For one t-shirt, I think the DTG costs would be about $12. But if you sold the t-shirt for $40+, it might work.

Another option that might work would be the smaller screen printing kits that you can do at home that work better for doing one t-shirt. The photoez is one such kit that other members have used:

photoez related topics at T-Shirt Forums

1 - 14 of 14 Posts