T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was screen printing 2 days ago and I got some ink on my fingure and it has been burning ever since. it is very dry and it feels like dead skin. I'm quite scared and don't know what to do. Any help woud be great! :)

Thank you,
Leo

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Sounds like you might have an allergy (or are using a particularly nasty ink). You should probably consult your GP. Maybe they'll refer you to a dermatologist. Wouldn't hurt to bring along the MSDS... I don't know if they'll want to look at it, but maybe the information will help them and it's not hard to bring along.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Rule for Life #249: If something is burning off, GO TO YOUR GP NOT A T-SHIRT FORUM!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wash your hands with something that will pull oils out, like Dawn dish soap, something along those lines.

And yes, go to a doctor, especially if it's been burning for 2 days. You're most likely allergic to something

Wear rubber gloves next time.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Dang, what kind of ink was that? Plastisol, waterbase, UV inks, ....????

And which finger was it? - ok, maybe that's not important, but just checking to see if was the ink, or doing something else.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, to add to whats going on. I don't think The tip of my finger was the only place were I made contact with paint but its the only place that feels kinda numb. Has anyone else had any similar problems? I am going to the doctor's but I just want to know if it's common. ALSO could it have been any other chemical I made contact with that would be causing this?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I had a worker get a skin irritation everytime he got that spot cleaning fluid on himself.

So yes, people react differently to different chemicals. You might have gotten some of it in a small cut, or under a fingernail and it has caused some kind of reaction.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Has anyone else had any similar problems?
Personally I've never had any problems from anything I've used in the screenprinting shop. Even when I've got dehazer on my skin, I've washed it off and had no more than mild itchiness for a short period afterwards.

I do know other people who react to various substances found around the shop though. You can actually build up an allergy over time, so even things that were fine when you first started might cause you problems in later years.

People can get reactions just off uncured ink fumes, so whilst I personally have been very lucky, yes, other people have had similar problems.

ALSO could it have been any other chemical I made contact with that would be causing this?
Could have been - I very much doubt that the ink is the nastiest thing in your shop. But there might be something specific in that ink that your body doesn't like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts