T-Shirt Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like you guys and all but too much moderating... to many sub sections... posts getting moved...

maybe its me...

what do u guys think?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think that if Rodney loosens up the reins a little we would all be here marketing each and every new design that we have and not learning and sharing with each other as we are now. We are all adults, if someone doesn't watch over the forum it would just drift off to sex.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Of all the places to advertise for your new t-shirt site, this forum is definitely NOT the place (from a business point of view). This is a great site, but the members on here are not looking to buy shirts. They're more interested in how to sell, and information on how to achieve a lot lof sales. Just my humble opinion. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think rodney has done a great job with this site. Its purpose is to learn not to promote (there are plenty of sites to do that in) Yes many independant sites may get looked at here but I think part of what is getting looked at is the integrity and knowledge of the owners and not just our designs. Besides he gives us a sig line. You should try postin on the Christian Boards I routinely get yelled at for having a "Commercial Sig Line" (although rarely by a moderator thankfully usually a good moderator helps me out there.)

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think Rodney has done an exceptional job maintaining the educational purpose of the forum. Considering the growth in membership, it has got to be a real headache to monitor and contribute information and guidance. As for moving posts, from what I have seen - there is always a reason.
Credit also the members for self-moderating. Without good people, watching/helping each other this place could be in total chaos.

So, NO, I don't think there is too much moderating.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I'm always impressed he copes so well single handed. As said above, these forums aren't a marketing tool

As for the subsections......ummmm.....don't you think it makes finding posts you're interested in a lot easier?

·
Registered
690 Posts
MotoskinGraphix said:
I disagree with that statement!!! I think a bunch of independant sites get looked at everyday right here!!! I think you may have missed marketing 101 my friend!!!!
I totally respect that, but just look at the demographic on this site. We're almost all sellers. One of the rules of marketing is knowing your demographic, the other of course is to define your demographic. :)

As an owner of another fairly busy forum, I totally respect what Rodney is doing. He's doing one heck of a great job. My forum has 1/2 the members, but I have 15 other people help moderate. I can never do this by myself. So Rodney, I'll buy you a beer if you ever happen to be in Los Angeles, make that 2 beers. :)

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
God only knows Rodney and I have had our little chats but as a manager I totally understand what he is trying to do here. By the way has anyone seen my sig line about how to do totes..I think this board brings an education to everyone. I think there are a lot of dreamers but I know from talking to some through emails that you really want to get into this biz. An I will do what I can to assist even though sometimes I want to put something out there for you guys and Rodney put a stop sign on it, then he shows how I can do it..

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I like you guys and all but too much moderating... to many sub sections... posts getting moved...

maybe its me...

what do u guys think?
If you have questions or comments about the forums or moderation, please direct them to the feedback forum or directly to me via PM. Thanks :)

I'd be happy to talk with anyone about why any post was moved or the number of subsections or the moderation philosophy.

Every forum has a certain purpose and set of guidelines. I think we're doing a good job at keeping a great information environment here.

Please remember one our guidelines you agreed to:

Discussion of Site Policies

Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members and moderators or policy involved.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.