T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NAME: Opus Fuller
OCCUPATION: NBC, Thinker, Creator, Writer, Director, Filmmaker.

REASON FOR JOINING SITE: I want to mingle and learn as much as I can. I recently launched my original design, clothing line "I DON'T GIVE A SHIRT" and I'm hungry.... Hungry for information. Hungry to exchange ideas. Hungry to get to know everyone and become and active member on this forum and in this community. I'm excited and can't wait to dive into some discussion.

If anyone has any questions or would like to get to know me better please feel free to reply and ask away. I'm a fun individual but I'm sure all of you will learn that eventually. :D

Hmmm, what else can I mention about myself that's interesting? Well, I'm a big risk taker. One exciting thing that has happened to me in the last year is that I quit my job in Pittsburgh, PA (where I'm originally from) packed up a U haul and moved to NYC with my girlfriend. We didn't have any jobs waiting for us. So it was a HUGE risk but was totally worth it. Made me feel alive putting everything on the line, not knowing what would come next. Worked out for the best though. I'm employed at NBC. (If you're interested and want to know more about that story just ask, if not then that's okay too)

Alright, I believe I over wrote my welcome.

Thanks!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
selanac - Yeah, I work on the retail side of things. I work with the Buyers to be exact. I'm the merchandise assistant. I don't know how good it could or couldn't be. haha. They have vendors they use for their properties...

CheckMate - I've tweeted, hit up facebook, posted on craigslist. Next idea is making a commercial since I'm a filmmaker. Post it across the boards. Youtube, vimeo, etc. I'm also considering printing postcards and handing them out in time square if I have to....

foot print - Thanks for the compliment.

I actually came up with my own system on how I'm going to market and release/sell my designs. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on my following system.

"I Don't Give A SHIRT" is supposed to launch in September but it's currently live on my website
The Opus Fuller

My basic idea is this.

-Every month a new design for a shirt is posted. (September's design is up right now).

-That month's design is only going to have a limited quantity available to purchase. (September's design has a quantity of 24 shirts avail. 2 are already spoken for. 22 left)

-Once that month is sold out, that's it. Never again will you be able to purchase that design.

I think this will be good for a couple of reasons. Gives the person interested in the artwork motivation to keep coming back month after month.

Makes the shirts extremely limited edition. If you wait to long they will not be avail.

So yeah, that's it. That's the plan. The shirts are 10 dollars shipped in the USA. I'm not looking to make money off this. Just get my artwork and have some fun with it.

Now a couple questions for you guys.

What do you guys think of my plan?

Do you think the artwork is decent? What would keep you from purchasing a shirt? The price? The design?

would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks so much. This is an awesome, active community. I love it!

· Registered
477 Posts
YES nice! Design but if your sales increase you might have to make the quanitys higher... and why not make yourself a little profit? like a buck or 2?

Also you could do like a flash back like a year later or whatever just with a diffrent color part of the design.... also I like the idea of a grab bag.... just getting a radom shirt in your size.... you know?

· Registered
93 Posts
YES nice! Design but if your sales increase you might have to make the quanitys higher... and why not make yourself a little profit? like a buck or 2?

Also you could do like a flash back like a year later or whatever just with a diffrent color part of the design.... also I like the idea of a grab bag.... just getting a radom shirt in your size.... you know?
welcome i dont give a shirt

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ha. Thanks for all the replies and feedback everyone. Though my model for selling custom limited edition shirts might be cool, I may have to pull the plug before it even gets started. Not enough interest in the shirts. Which means i may have to increase the price and sell by a print by print basis. Which sucks but what can you do....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.