T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i am new to this site thanks to Vibe Magazine. I have been in the teeshirt biz for about 3 years now. When i started i knew i had to trademark my brand name. That was in 2003. Here it is 2006 and my trademark just got approved. I am very happy!!!! It was a lot of work but i did it all by myself. Things got crazy and i wanted to call a attorney for help, but they gave me crazy prices. I stuck it out and now i have it. No one can take it away from me........Oh it feels so good;) .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason it took so long is because some of the the verbish is not very easy to understand. I had to resubmit so info but it all worked out.

I had someone working on my website. However, I gave up on him. I am currently looking for someone to do create my website. If you someone can refer me I would be so happy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not sure how long it takes if you dont make mistakes. I can tell you that after you submit a the info online, it will be a few months b4 u will hear from them. They will asign you an attorney that will work with. My attorney was very hard to reach. So that just added more time to my wait.

·
Registered
304 Posts
2cld said:
The reason it took so long is because some of the the verbish is not very easy to understand. I had to resubmit so info but it all worked out.

I had someone working on my website. However, I gave up on him. I am currently looking for someone to do create my website. If you someone can refer me I would be so happy.
2cld what is you budget?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Man I know this drama too - I started the TM process in 2004 -it was promise to my late wife and business partner - that I'd do it. Then she passed and life went sideways BUT
I am happy to say that despite the 'application expiring' I was able to pay $250 to re activate the application and in two weeks they will be ready to give final approval - the US Govt is a little silly about communication and the att'y admitted that they were at fault!
Better news is that I did it all myself. The web site for the USPTO is easy but make it a quiet evening to read through. And check the TARR Server when you get a registration number often also you really should call the assigned att'y - at the USPTO they assign an att'y to each case - and just talk - Also the guy is a Washington Nationals fan and we had a great time on the phone. When I get done I'll post as an encouragement
Best of all I am re marrying on September 9th so la la life is good!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rodney said:
Welcome to the Forums.

What did the Vibe Magazine article say?
The web site is listed in the April 2006 issue of Vibe Magazine with Lil Wayne on the cover (page 82 right hand side of the page). Someone wrote in and asked "how could he/she make their own tee shirts like Pharrell's or Jeezy's Snownman". The magazine answered the question by referring him/her to several websites including cafepress.com and t-shirtforums.com

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
2cld said:
The web site is listed in the April 2006 issue of Vibe Magazine with Lil Wayne on the cover (page 82 right hand side of the page). Someone wrote in and asked "how could he/she make their own tee shirts like Pharrell's or Jeezy's Snownman". The magazine answered the question by referring him/her to several websites including cafepress.com and t-shirtforums.com
Thanks! Tomorrow I'm off to pick up a copy of Vibe magazine. Not too impressed with Lil Wayne, but page 82 will make it worth it ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts