T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

· Registered
24 Posts
Eventually you may have to replace the screen. However, if it is a tiny puncture that isn't affecting the tension of the screen, and the hole isn't spreading, you can simply tape up the hole whenever you prep the screen (on the shirt side of the screen, not the squeegee side). If you are printing with waterbased ink, you should tape up on the squeegee side, and use a long piece of tape that stretches across the entire screen (I've found water based ink slowly bleeds through any tape on the shirt side, and therefore all tape needs to be on the squeegee side). I've used screens with holes for years with zero problems, just make sure they don't interfere with the image you are printing

· Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eventually you may have to replace the screen. However, if it is a tiny puncture that isn't affecting the tension of the screen, and the hole isn't spreading, you can simply tape up the hole whenever you prep the screen (on the shirt side of the screen, not the squeegee side). If you are printing with waterbased ink, you should tape up on the squeegee side, and use a long piece of tape that stretches across the entire screen (I've found water based ink slowly bleeds through any tape on the shirt side, and therefore all tape needs to be on the squeegee side). I've used screens with holes for years with zero problems, just make sure they don't interfere with the image you are printing
Thank you very much for your answer.Great answer.

· Registered
8,278 Posts
If you super glue the holes it will make the screen last although the screen isn’t usable it that area. I have screens that I put glue on 4-5 years ago still going strong.

Reactions: seacookie

· Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guy for your answers. It is info which you can't find easy. Guess I am not the only one with some hole in screen. When exacto accident happen I was like damn I am such an idiot...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.