T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just need some ideas of how long everyone cures a light colered shirt with 2 color passes at 720x720.My prints are fading after 1st wash.I was doing 1.5 each pass for a total of 3 minutes.help

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
i just need some ideas of how long everyone cures a light colered shirt with 2 color passes at 720x720.My prints are fading after 1st wash.I was doing 1.5 each pass for a total of 3 minutes.help
I am not sure what type of machine you have but we are using a brother andan anajet and for the light colored shirts no white ink we do 359 for 30 seconds and with white ink 330 for 90 seconds.

Not sure if that will help because I do not what type of machine or inks you use but that is what we use

·
Registered
424 Posts
We use 95 secs @ 330 for both white ink and CMYK only prints.

We get very good results with minimal fading, more image degradation from shirt fibers coming loose than loss of ink.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Jazz what temp are you curing at ? it should be 330 degrees for 3 120 to 180 seconds.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Wow Teresa, that is not very long for the dupont inks with a white underbase. Your cure with a white base should be twice that. How are they washing with that time ?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I would try going up to 330 for 120 seconds. Which ink are you using on your kiosk?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Hmmm are those the coleman inks? I have heard of certain problems with them such as colors not looking right. Another thing you can try is using the fastcolor pretreatment from equipment zone. It does make for brighter colors and better washability. I use this for higher end jobs when I want to get the best results possible. I dont use it all the time just because I dont like to have to use a pretreat, but it does make a difference in the results as far as making the prints last longer and better.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
You should be able to get the dupont from mesa. I know several people from the dtg forum have gone back to the dupont that were using the coleman inks. There is also supposed to be a new better dupont ink coming out, which might already be out for all I know haha :) I think it was supposed to be out this month, and I have heard that it is comparable to R & H inks which is what I use, unfortunately they quit making the R & H.

But yea you should be able to get dupont from mesa.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Ok I just thought of one other question to ask you about the way you are curing. What do you put on top of the shirt when curing? Do you use a teflon sheet or the silicone treated parchment paper? This can also make a difference

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Ok, here is what I am hearing. The new Dupont Colors, White and Pretreatment have been released to the OEMs and master distributors. The new cmyk colors are either finished or are wrapping up being finished for profiling. However, most manufacturers and distributors still have inventory of the existing ink that they need to sell first. Then they will probably switch everyone over to the new inks and the new profiles. If someone wants the new Dupont inks, I just worked with someone that I believe got them from Harry at Equipment Zone (www.equipmentzone.com). I am not sure how much they have in stock at this point though. That is all I know for now. Might know more after the SGIA show.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
You should be able to get the dupont from mesa. I know several people from the dtg forum have gone back to the dupont that were using the coleman inks.
The issues with some of the Bright Inks have long ago been resolved, we had some surface tension issues that were manifesting themselves mostly in the amount of maintenance required. Never has washfastness been an issue. Conversely, we saw a large migration of T-Jet users to our ink sets during the first half of the year when they were not able to get inks from their normal source, and so far, they seem to be sticking around (the number of folks on the forum expressing concerns was perhaps 5 or 6 - about 1/2 a percent of the users of our inkset - several would be a bit of a reach). If you were to read thorugh this forum you will find tenfold that many folks having washfastness issues with the D-brand color ink sets - which was our main reason for not using them as our color ink set.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I get really confused on curing times as well. I have mine set at 330 for temperature. I read where some people heat press twice at 60 seconds each time and some people heat press three times at 60 seconds each time. Or is it better to heat press for 120 seconds all at once. Thanks for all your input. Just want to have satisfied customers. Thanks all!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts