T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed to do something to burn the calories I gained from all the BBQ's this weekend, so I decided to build my own heat press unit. It's pretty simple, made out of wood, and has a height adjustment. It cost me $31 for all the necessary materials and 1/2 day. I just finished the thing, and I'm too darn tire to test it out. I'll let you all know how it goes on Wednesday. :D

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahahah It's just an experimental project before I jump head first into screen printing. I just want to use it to practice a couple of times :p

hanau, I modified someone's design to add the height adjustment. It came out okay, just need to do a test tomorrow. I'll post some pix.

·
Registered
154 Posts
thats actually a very good idea. I'm not mechanically inclined enough to even attempt something like that. I would end up blowing every fuse in the neighborhood, and burn the city down.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tested out the press, and it worked flawlessly :D Sorry haven't taken any pictures yet. The camera ran out of battery and I have none around here.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Vtec44 said:
I tested out the press, and it worked flawlessly :D Sorry haven't taken any pictures yet. The camera ran out of battery and I have none around here.
Come on man, I want to see this beast. Take the batteries out of your TV remote.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, my wife took a few pix of it but didn't tell me LOL doh!

Here's my $31, single color, screen printing press. I'll probably end up purchase 6-color kit, but this has been a great test for me. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
So no micro adjustments?!
Hha just kidding. Looks good man.
I started out with screens on a table. no hinge, no nuthin!
This is Park place AND boardwark to my first setup!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Vtec44 said:
I needed to do something to burn the calories I gained from all the BBQ's this weekend, so I decided to build my own heat press unit. It's pretty simple, made out of wood, and has a height adjustment. It cost me $31 for all the necessary materials and 1/2 day. I just finished the thing, and I'm too darn tire to test it out. I'll let you all know how it goes on Wednesday. :D
:rolleyes:
9 words that don't sit easy together......thankfully, i caught the post further down the list, and realised it was a printing press, not a heat press.....

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh crap, I didn't realize I typed "heat press" and not "screen printing press" Doh!

ffokazak, unfortunately no! LOL

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I think so, and I'm sure someone on these forums made a heat press (at least partially) out of wood (or if I remember correctly their woodworking husband did).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts