T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Spectra's printers are excellent printers. They produce high quality prints. I have several Spectras and am happy with them. I also own a big name printer...bought my spectra when that one went south on me...it's since been repaired and is back in production again after being away for several months.

The reality is you can buy one big name printer for what you can buy 2-4 Spectra's for. This gives you more production capacity, and if a printer breaks down (they all do), you aren't completely out of business. They offer standby modules so that you can quickly change out the main printer body and get back into production while you service (or have serviced) the one that isn't working good. This to me is a life saver. When my first printer failed, it was in the middle of a huge run...and I had no backup.

ALL DTG printers require maintenance. Spectra may require a little more technical ability than high end printers, but it's absolutely worth it.

Tom

· Registered
9 Posts
Spectra's printers are excellent printers. They produce high quality prints. I have several Spectras and am happy with them. I also own a big name printer...bought my spectra when that one went south on me...it's since been repaired and is back in production again after being away for several months.

The reality is you can buy one big name printer for what you can buy 2-4 Spectra's for. This gives you more production capacity, and if a printer breaks down (they all do), you aren't completely out of business. They offer standby modules so that you can quickly change out the main printer body and get back into production while you service (or have serviced) the one that isn't working good. This to me is a life saver. When my first printer failed, it was in the middle of a huge run...and I had no backup.

ALL DTG printers require maintenance. Spectra may require a little more technical ability than high end printers, but it's absolutely worth it.

Tom
Thanks for the recommendation, I've since bought 2 Spectra's and I've have been happy so far. What ink are you using?

· Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation, I've since bought 2 Spectra's and I've have been happy so far. What ink are you using?
Not sure if you are aware of what is going on with Spectra, but it appears they are out of business...with the money of several of the forum members.

That being said...I just purchased 2 P600's and a spray station and heat presses on the secondary market. I don't know how to set these printers up, nor do I know how to run them. I had been told by several people that Spectra's customer service is great and that I could get training from them (I figured I'd have to pay). Well now that idea has gone up in smoke.

Would you be interested in doing training? I've downloaded the software now I just need to know how to set it up, clean it and get it running. Please PM me and let me know. Thanks!

· Registered
5 Posts

Tom
You can buy all the spectras you want but once they go out of business which they did, you go out of it too. Nobody to talk to for warranty or repairs or sending them your broken unit and renting one of theirs etc.

With the big names you buy it once and you are set for good amount of time if you maintain your printer and purchase extra warranties to be save. You know that they won't go out of business, will have parts at any given time, tech will come out within 24-48 hours, parts gets to you the next day and so on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.