T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been reading all the valuable information provided on this site and finally went ahead and bought a Mighty Press Lite. I am so excited and at the same time nervous about it. Unfortunately the user guide that came with it was not very "informative". Can any one tell me how to decide on the pressure I need to heat press. I heat press on flannel felt, not cotton (if this information helps).

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
The recommended pressure should come with your transfer or paper. Think of this heat press as the oven and you need to follow the instructions on items you buy for it, specific times, temps & pressures vary per transfer/paper/vinyl.

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
Think of this heat press as the oven and you need to follow the instructions on items you buy for it, specific times, temps & pressures vary per transfer/paper/vinyl.
Interesting analogy :) So each type of transfer has it's own "recipe" for how it should be pressed. I learned something new today already, and it's still early.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks JoshEllsworth. I did and once I have used the heat press, I was so glad that I made the decision. The product came out beautiful and my arms no longer ache from all the pressing I had to do. Mighty Press Lite was perfect for my work.

I do have problem with trying to make a tote bag for my daughter. Somehow, the image could not get on to the tote bag. The texture on the bag made the transfer uneven. Do any one of you have any tips as to how best to handle that? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Genesisarts said:
Somehow, the image could not get on to the tote bag. The texture on the bag made the transfer uneven. Do any one of you have any tips as to how best to handle that?
Try PMing badalou; heat pressing tote bags is his specialty (there's also a link to a guide to doing just that in his sig).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.