T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can do this!

ok
that was me building up some enthusiasm...

i just joined this site, and it is great to read about other crazy people who have and want to start yet another t-shirt company. so i figured, i always wanted to start a company, heres a chance to do it and test the waters on a inexpensive and relatively low risk venture.

I hope I am able to go through w/ this and make it work. Not like the other 5000+ companies I have started, grown, sold and bankrupt in my mind; but never got around to atually materializing them....lol

hope you all celebrate w/ me if this takes off and if it goes well...ahh what the heck, even if it doesnt.

ciao
We can do this!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hi Mac7,

Welcome. I've done the same thing you have with different business ideas. Many of them did actually materialize, and I still do them on a part time basis. This t-shirt business is an add on to 2 other add ons of my main business. This will be the most fun.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Brian Tracy (my business messiah) says you have to be persistent. Never give up. Keep improving & learning as much as possible. Don't let discouragement stop you. Don't listen to the naysayers. Successful people often have failed many times before.
Work on creating the greatest, most original t-shirts you can and learn how to market them well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I agree with Bougie. When I tell my friends i'm doing another venture, they roll there eyes and say *again?* Then they ask what happened to the business I had before.

Part of being an entrepreneur is knowing when to quit and move on to the next oppurtunity. I'm still heads and shoulders above other people who will never get this far.

"I've never failed. I've simply found 10,000 ways that didn't work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Sarafina and Bougi

that's why such forums as this one are so great, great people supporting each other in so many ways.

ciao all

good luck

sarafina said:
I agree with Bougie. When I tell my friends i'm doing another venture, they roll there eyes and say *again?* Then they ask what happened to the business I had before.

Part of being an entrepreneur is knowing when to quit and move on to the next oppurtunity. I'm still heads and shoulders above other people who will never get this far.

"I've never failed. I've simply found 10,000 ways that didn't work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx oveja negra

by the way, your shirts are pretty funny.

hope they sell well.

p.s. isn't it hard to re-create those logos. and what are the tricks when you do this to avoid getting sued by starbucks, TGIF, etc.

I am trying to spin-off some parodies off some brands/logos

blackSheep77 said:
Good to have you with us mac :)

"Never give up. Never give up! NEVER GIVE UP!!!" - Winston Churchill

·
Registered
461 Posts
Thanx for the watch mac :cool: I'm glad you liked the tees :)

Well, for me the recreation of the logos -if you mean technically- was complicated in some cases, and in others it wasn’t; it all depends on the design. I drew mine using a vector program.

As far as any loopholes to avoid being sued... I think there aren't many. But from what I know, most companies aren't too vicious and don't bother to do much about it, except for some infamous ones like Disney or Harley-Davidson, or maybe cases in which the parody is too aggressive or offensive for their taste, like the Starbucks parody that read 'Consumer Whore'. Anyway, I think the worse that can happen in most cases is that you receive a Cease and Desist letter from the company.

But to be better informed, I recommend you check out these links, they're pretty informative:

http://www.publaw.com/parody.html

http://www.brandchannel.com/images/papers/FWD.pdf

Hope I was helpful ;)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
If you avoid McDonalds, Disney, eBay, Sony, any major rock band, and any tabacco company, you're 70% safe.

This isn't legal advice :)

But you won't get sued: you'll get a C&D letter, and the suing will only happen if you continue. They may demand any stock though, so it could be costly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts