T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I use Roland R-wear (out grown it now, very basic), but need a rhinestone software that will allow me to use varied stones in my designs (ss6, ss10, ss16, etc) to produce a rhinestone Transfer.

I am always told about the other Rhinestone software, but most of them cannot do varied stones, never mind offer vinyl cutting in the same design.

Is there anybody who uses or knows of a rhinestone software, that will allow me to produce variable size stones Transfers?

Thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I am not sure, I would imagine you would need to set each stone size individually if I am understanding you correctly. Here is a list of all the systems and software, maybe one of them has this option. Each link on that thread leads to relevant links on this site with user information, so it might be helpful, I hope so haha. :D http://www.t-shirtforums.com/rhinestone-decoration/t95228.html

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
You can do different size stones in a design with Rwear. You just have to select different parts of the design and set those with the different sizes. You can't do it in one step like you can with the one size and one color but you can do it by just selecting the part of the design you want in say red 16SS. Then select the part of the design you want in crystal 10SS. It takes a little longer to do, but it can be done with most of the software out there. I have the Rwear, ACS, Corel, and Funtime and you can do it that way with any of these software. There may be an easier way to do it with some or all of these software, but it can be done that way with any of these.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Marilyn,

Can you show me an example of a design you have done in R-wear, with different size stones.

The company that sold me R-Wear, only ever uses one size of stones, in there sample designs.

I would like to see your example, as the software I am thinking of buying, allows me to choose the stones I want, then lays the stones, in the best way automatically and then separates them in colour layers for the transfer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I use rhinestone worx with MMM and I can make many different sizes and colors

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I'm sorry I haven't seen your post until this morning and I am at my other job right now, but I will try to post a picture for you later this afternoon. Basically the way you do it is just select a single line or several lines (a section of the design that you want to be a certain size), then select the size and color stone you want in that section and have it apply it. As you usually would you may need to move or delete a few stones. Then select another line or several lines, then select the next color and size stone and have it apply that one, and so on. It does take more time and work to do it that way, but it does work.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Everyone here is pretty much on point. I have DAS and FunTime, and they allow you to set different size stones, as I've read all of the others do too. The method by which you get there in each software may be different, but it should be available. I would suggest that you might want to try first breaking your artwork apart (break group is usually the tool), and then you can select individual pieces of your design and place different size stones on the part you want, instead of placing once size stone on the whole design and then trying to resize individual or groups of stones. That's going to take a lot more manual adjusting.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I would suggest that you might want to try first breaking your artwork apart (break group is usually the tool), and then you can select individual pieces of your design and place different size stones on the part you want, instead of placing once size stone on the whole design and then trying to resize individual or groups of stones. That's going to take a lot more manual adjusting.
Yes, Slick, this is exactly what I was trying to say in my previous post. Thank you for explaining it in better detail for me!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use Idesigner pro and it allows me to select different sizes as well!! I have been using it since April and I like it alot! Once you learn it the possibilities are endless! It's expensive but allows you to do so much!!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Everyone here is pretty much on point. I have DAS and FunTime, and they allow you to set different size stones, as I've read all of the others do too. The method by which you get there in each software may be different, but it should be available. I would suggest that you might want to try first breaking your artwork apart (break group is usually the tool), and then you can select individual pieces of your design and place different size stones on the part you want, instead of placing once size stone on the whole design and then trying to resize individual or groups of stones. That's going to take a lot more manual adjusting.
Yep , in most of the programs, you can do this, Carol is totally right here.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Another option out there is the rstones macro if you have Corel. It only costs about $50 and lets you use several different size stones.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The software Hot Fix Era (www.d-era.com) includes a huge library (thousands) of components (rhinestone, rhinestuds, nailheads, sequin). Many sizes and colors. It includes quality simulation to produce design samples. Hot Fix Era is not cheap as that is an application designed for hot fix and other garment decoration specialties.

·
Registered
224 Posts
From what I gather her...the person posting wants to fill an area with different size stones automatically...not necessarily one area with all 10ss, and one area with all 16 ss...which should be able to be done in any software.

Or maybe I am just not reading the question correctly.

·
Registered
487 Posts
From what I gather her...the person posting wants to fill an area with different size stones automatically...not necessarily one area with all 10ss, and one area with all 16 ss...which should be able to be done in any software.

Or maybe I am just not reading the question correctly.
if that is the case then winpc 2012 is what she want it does exactly that ..... you choose what stones you want and select apply .......... thats it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Corel Draw and rStones or WinPCSign 2012 could do this as well. IMHO, it would be much easier with Corel Draw and any of the rhinestone plug-ins that are available for it, than it would be in WinPCSign.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts