T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone. My husband and I own a screen printing company in Birmingham, AL. We are in the process of expanding our services to include embroidery. I would love to get some advice on the products you use and the service (or lack of) provided by the manufacturer. So far I have seen some really mixed reviews on the ZSK Sprint 6 (which is the machine we were interested in). I am now researching Barudan and Tajima. Any help or advice would be much appreciated!!

· Registered
4 Posts
Greetings everyone. My husband and I own a screen printing company in Birmingham, AL. We are in the process of expanding our services to include embroidery. I would love to get some advice on the products you use and the service (or lack of) provided by the manufacturer. So far I have seen some really mixed reviews on the ZSK Sprint 6 (which is the machine we were interested in). I am now researching Barudan and Tajima. Any help or advice would be much appreciated!!
I can tell you that I was in the Embroidery business for 50 years and when we changed over to computer embroidery (from chain stitch) I was told by my third generation commercial machine company (who did not sell computer machines) that if I was going to change to automatic machines to get a Barudan. I did that and over the years I have had several more Barudans. I did maintenance myself including cleaning and oiling. I would occasionally have the tech come for preventative maintenance and just go over the machine but in all of those years (since 1993) I have never had to have a tech to fix any of my machines. I sold my business two years ago and they are still running great today. Just my experience.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can tell you that I was in the Embroidery business for 50 years and when we changed over to computer embroidery (from chain stitch) I was told by my third generation commercial machine company (who did not sell computer machines) that if I was going to change to automatic machines to get a Barudan. I did that and over the years I have had several more Barudans. I did maintenance myself including cleaning and oiling. I would occasionally have the tech come for preventative maintenance and just go over the machine but in all of those years (since 1993) I have never had to have a tech to fix any of my machines. I sold my business two years ago and they are still running great today. Just my experience.
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and sharing your experiences. :) We are looking at the Barudans as I have heard great things so far!

· Registered
4 Posts
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and sharing your experiences. :) We are looking at the Barudans as I have heard great things so far!
One more thing.....it is important to have some good software. I used Compucon and it worked great for me. I always wanted to have full control so I learned how to digitize my own designs but some people just send out their digitizing as costs have come down over the years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.