T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

As part of my project (starting my business) I'm trying to build up a network of talented designers that make contributions to my label. I already have designers in the US, South Africa, Finland and Asia and I'm pretty excited about the work that they are doing!

Has anyone got any ideas links etc so that I can open up my brief to more designers. I'd especialy like to find designers in the UK!!!

I'm mainly looking for good vector artists!

Any thoughts???? :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would make an account on deviantart.com and maybe ask there? or learn to draw yourself so at least some of the designs are yours

·
Registered
72 Posts
Goosie said:
I would make an account on deviantart.com and maybe ask there? or learn to draw yourself so at least some of the designs are yours
Why does it matter if you make the design yourself or not? If someone is not a talented artist, their time is probably better spent focusing on other things and leaving design to the designers. Besides, any design is YOURS if you own the copyright.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Of the three (elance, designoutpost, ifreelance), which one is the best reputed and experienced for helping with designing T-shirts? They're all very talented, but I didn't see too many specializing in T-shirt designs.
Can someone please tell us his/her experiences working with any of these outfits?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
which one is the best reputed and experienced for helping with designing T-shirts? They're all very talented, but I didn't see too many specializing in T-shirt designs.
I've used designoutpost for help with t-shirt designs, but you really don't need a place with artists that "specialize" in t-shirt designs. Any talented artist should be able to create a great t-shirt design for you, especially if you have specs for them to follow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice... When commissioning a talent from, say, designoutpost, how do we ensure ourselves our ideas will be safe to pass on? Does the site offer a contract or some official agreement that signed by both parties to stipulate roles and ownership? Or must we come up with our own draft?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Definately check out online portfolio sites....
but be aware that art doesn't always translate over to apparel print that easily....however if your going strictly vector & safe....you should be fine.

screenprinters.net has a bunch of artists that visit regularly.
also if you want top notch (high end) vector check out illustratorworld.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts